For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

State an Inspiring quote from a leader (be it a political, business, musician, religious) that inspires you

Leeleakey

Mine, among others, is "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD"

-by Mahatma Ghandhi.

Here are some of my favorite quotes given by some famous people:

1. John F. Kennedy- "Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

2. Martin Luther King Jr.- "The time is always right to do what is right."

3. Jack Welch- "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others."

4. Abraham Lincoln- "Whatever you are, be a good one."

5. Bob Marley- "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering from."

6. Anne Frank- "The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."

My favorite quote of all times is "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." by John F. Kennedy

This speaks on so many levels about our personal and professional lives. It speaks to our ability to cooperate and coexist with each other and what we image ourselves and purpose to be. Some of us stand aloft the system and we adhere to the status quo for some in acceptance and for others exercise our rights to contribute where necessary. Very few identify with the fact that we are all nation builders and we can effectively make a change if we accept the great challenge of helping to shape our world. As such we should continually "Ask not what our country, our jobs, our family, our pets, our businesses, our relationships, our neighbors can do for us, but what we can do for them all to make the world a better place." 

• 2 weeks later...

I just read one by Maya Angelou that hit me pretty hard:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

I frequently focus more on being right instead of being heard, and needed the reminder that emotions are part of communication just like data. And to have effective communication, you need both. Not just one or the other.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

For someone infatuated with traveling it's hard to admit that I've been shaken to the core by this quote. 

All of the above quotes people mentioned are nice. But, right now, I guess what comes to mind is this one by Judy Garland: Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. Perhaps one of the most pleasant persons in the Wizard of Oz, aside from the good witch of course.