For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Unique Vegetable Recipes

Flipflopfan

I try to eat healthy. I enjoy eating chicken and other lean meats, and I really do like vegetables. However, I get tired of eating vegetables the same way every time! Steam the broccoli, boil the cabbage, sautee the asparagus, etc.  I would appreciate ideas for new and tasty recipes for any vegetables. When I have a new recipe, it brings enjoyment back to cooking and eating healthy! What unique vegetable recipes do you like to use?

• 2 weeks later...

I also like unique vegetable recipes and found replacing starch items such as pasta with vegetables is easy.  Replacing pasta can be done with spaghetti squash which is easy to make.  I cut it in half, put whatever seasoning you want on it and put it in oven at 400 F for 30-45 minutes.  Mix as usual wtih other ingredients youd make with pasta such as marinara, meatballs, parmesan, even Peanut Sauce for a Thai variety.  

Growing up, my family just boiled all the vegetables in water until mushy, so I never learned to enjoy certain ones (ahem, Brussel sprouts) until I had them prepared different ways at restaurants.  One way my friend taught me to make cauliflower is to put the cut up pieces in a plastic bag, add olive oil and your favorite spices – I like garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano – shake up the bag, and then spread it out evenly on a baking sheet.  Bake at about 375 degrees for 10 minutes, flip them over a bit so they don’t burn, and bake another 10 minutes.  Delicious, easy roasted cauliflower!