For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Planning ahead

annika3in1

So, I know it's not even Labor Day yet, but I started thinking about fall today.  Thinking of fall led me to thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Has anyone started planning for the holidays yet? Do people spread out their Christmas/Hanukkah gift-purchasing? I just resigned from my job, and so I'm trying to think about ways to budget out my expenses so that it doesn't all add up at Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Every year I plan to be finished with my Christmas shopping by Halloween.  Well, that has never happened.  I don't think I'm going to make it this year either.  Oh well, I can drean can't I? :D

It's hard not to think ahead since all the stores are putting out Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas items. I always try to spread out gift buying because I have so many people to buy for. Fall is a busy season for me. Within 3 months, on top of all the holidays, I have my 2 boys' birthdays, 5 nephews' birthdays, my mother's, father's, brother's, mother-in-law's, grandfather's, and sister-in-law's birthdays! It makes me tired just thinking about all of it!  :P

I'm one of those people who starts buying next year's gifts during the after-holiday sales.  Then I buy things throughout the year and put them away in plastic totes until it's time to wrap or package.  That way I can hit super clearance sales and save a ton of money.

I always start my shopping on December 26th.  I love the after-Christmas sales.  I buy a lot of things at this time for birthdays throughout the year.

I go shopping with 2 friends every year in November.  We go to a different state for a long weekend and shop until we drop.  We leave on Thursday and get home Sunday or Monday.  It's a great time.  I get most of my presents then.

I of course also shop on "black Friday".  It's my favorite shopping day of the year.

I hate shopping on Black Friday as well, people get so rude! Unless it is something I just have to have and it is a great bargain then I don't leave my house! As for all of you that do all your stuff ahead of time and have it all done early I am jealous lol! I am never that organized! I keep telling myself that I am going to get it together and the next thing I know here it is Fall again!

A good idea I heard of is that for all the people that you buy for when their birthday comes around to just buy two presents and put one up for Christmas then you have everyone's done! I usually make a lot of things as well and that helps with the economy the way it is.

I always plan ahead for my holiday shopping.

Every Thanksgiving we have a huge party. We call it our Turkey Stuffing Party.  It ends up costing me quite a bit, so I start purchasing for that party in Sept.

For Christmas, I shop all year long.  It is easier to come up with $40 here and there instead of having to come up with the money all at once.

If you are low on money, you can make gifts.  What about homemade fudge?  Remember, it is the thought that counts.

I have a short trip to Amar Kantak, a beautiful destination spot in the state of Chhattisgarh in India. The site is just in the middle of  forested hills of the Mahakal Ranges. The site is especially important as the River Narmada (a great rivier of the southern India) has its source herein.

A good idea I heard of is that for all the people that you buy for when their birthday comes around to just buy two presents and put one up for Christmas then you have everyone's done! I usually make a lot of things as well and that helps with the economy the way it is.

I love that idea! I may have to try it soon. :)