For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Maladaptive Daydreaming Is...

Almarooh

...More of a blessing than a curse, really. It's the near perfect tool for escapism. It leads way to bounds of creativity. I did some online research, and found that many people who daydream in a maladaptive manner start off as children- typically as a result of abuse of some form. It's a tradeoff, an awe-inspiring one, and you don't have to sell your soul for it. It's beautiful, but quite sad when you think about it. 

In the sixth grade, I had a tutor haughtily tell me that daydreaming and the usage of general imagination was for small children. I was offended, but now when I look back on it, I just roll my eyes. Like the MacBook she used on a near daily basis wasn't the result of someone's imagination. But anyways.

I'm into fiction writing. Big surprise there. I'm currently working on a novel. Some of the most renowned books in history have been from the creative minds of storytellers. Many of the books were probably indulgences on their ends too, I suspect.  

The science and mathematical fields both necessary and amazing. They're booming, and rightfully so. However, I can't help but suspect that their popularity is due to easy money.

There's nothing wrong with that, by the way. People need money.

They're just not for me. I almost went down the biochemistry route, because it was easy. I figured I'd do creative works on the side. However, "Don't take a job for merely the money" is a warning for a reason. I have no intentions of becoming a starving artist. I want a career as well. I may be an escapist and all, but I'm still firmly in touch with reality (hence, why I'm an escapist.) I seek to find a nice balance. 

I don't want to give off a certain 'vibe'. I tend to keep certain things to myself. I want to change the topic of this 'journal'. 

--The firecrackers are so annoying--

But anyways.

I want to be multilingual. I'm currently learning French and Spanish. I'm more advanced in Spanish though, than French. They're both Romance languages, so knowing the roots of one will help you a lot with knowing the roots of another. I went through a phase of learning rudimentary Italian and it's similar, too.

Ex: yo bebo ('I drink' in Spanish) vs. io bevo ('I drink' in Italian) vs. je bois ('I drink' in French)

Those were kinda subpar examples but they're there. 

I wish I was a polyglot. Polyglots are cool. There are the cases of being able to communicate with people, watch television/read books in a variety of languages, and 

catch someone trash-talking you (when unbeknownst to them, you understand). Ha!

I'm like that with Spanish. I get just enough to get the general gist of what you're saying, but I couldn't at this stage reply back in long sentences. I need to brush up my skills. 

It's crazy how widespread Spanish is, though! Latin America (Caribbean included- it tends to be forgotten sometimes) and Spain are no surprise to me, but in Africa, too. The West African country of Equatorial Guinea has Spanish as one of its official languages (along with their own language and Portuguese, as well. Cool.).

Cultures, languages and literature of the world interests me in general. There's a wealth of knowledge and insight out there, appearing in various forms- folklore, wise proverbs, and other things.