For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

shoogywoogy

I'm definitely a night owl, I even have to force myself to go to bed before midnight - I try for about 11 pm, because if I don't do this, I will be up all night. What about you, are you a morning person or a night owl?

Hi, there Shoggy! I too am a night owl. But, right now, I am trying not to be so much of a night owl, because at extremes it can be easy to get off schedule/sync with the rest of the world, which is partly the point. Apparently, I have a birth mark of sorts related to my many night owl nights in middle school, etc. Some of my friends, more than likely not night owls, are confused about what my birth mark means. They often make fun of me, most of the time behind my back, about my night owl birth marks. Oh well, I don't care for them much. At least, I know a little bit about what they mean and stand for now.      

Whoa! Hey what birthmark? You mean a scar for being too drunk or stoned? This sounds a bit intriguing. 

I definitely agree with the out of schedule/sync thing-I am wide awake if I don't go to bed by a certain time and it drives me nuts. I feel like hell the next day.

Oh, hey, that ain't funny! Do you loose points for being offensive? I know the seriousness of the matter is too important to share on this post board with strangers, but I did anyway. What can I do now? How can I delete this after I finish the application process? I don't tolerate stoned or really drunk references. Maybe, we are not that similar after all. Never thought we were anyway. There must be more to things than simply staying up late, preferring to work at night time, etc.   

I have been a night owl my entire life. There is a running joke about me, which is only half-joking, that I didn't sleep the entire first month of my life. For years afterwards my parents had to drive me around in the car late at night because they discovered it was the only place I would actually calm down enough to sleep. Now I'm in my mid 30s and I still spend most of my time with a 3rd shift schedule. When life forces me to migrate to a "normal" sleeping routine I find it is very difficult for me to maintain it because my body just won't shut down during night-time hours. Besides, all the fun people are awake when the moon is up!

Hi Gonewind, I'm really sorry, I did not mean to offend you at all. I was absolutely joking about being drunk or stoned-seriously. I guess I was confused a bit about the scar you mentioned. I put my foot in my mouth. I hope you can forgive. When you mentioned school-I imagined the late night fun- with friends, that a lot of people do. You don't have to delete anything, I'm the one that made the error.

I consider myself as a night owl because I perform better at night. My head is more focused at night, i dont know why but that's how it is. Even since Junior High, I do projects better at night rather that at day time. The only problem of me being a night owl is, I'm useless during the days. Especially if there are special occasion, I'm dead weight. 

Well, a few years ago I was a night owl who who works the graveyard shift. But now, I am a morning person awake before the sun rises. Maybe it is because I don't work graveyard shifts anymore but even before I worked night shifts, I hated waking very early in the morning. However, little by little, a shift happened and now, I wake up eve before the sun rises and guess what, I love it. The fresh morning air is making me more energetic. 

Fellow night owl here. I agree that it is very difficult to get to bed most nights, but it's something I am working on to go to bed earlier. Can count the number of times in the last five years that I have went to bed before midnight on one hand pretty much. One thing that I think helps is getting yourself away from your computer, your phone or anything else too distracting before you aim to go to sleep. Checking your Facebook can wait until the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 10:39 PM, NeilTarquin said:

I consider myself as a night owl because I perform better at night. My head is more focused at night, i dont know why but that's how it is. Even since Junior High, I do projects better at night rather that at day time. The only problem of me being a night owl is, I'm useless during the days. Especially if there are special occasion, I'm dead weight. 

Yes! Completely! There needs to be alternate schedules for school and work for us night owls!!!

Lately, especially since I have been working from home, I have become quite the night owl--more like the confused owl. What I mean by this is, lately, I do not have a set sleeping schedule, and I tend to stay up until the dawn, sleep until noon, each brunch, I guess you would call it, and start the day again. I am finding that I am incredibly productive in my work, but I am starting to feel like something quite vampiric compared to other "normal" members of society...