For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Anybody else who doesn't iron their clothes

shoogywoogy

I am a very casual dresser, bordering on a lazy dresser, however I would get dressed if I felt like it. Anyway, I was thinking that I don't iron my clothes and was wondering how many of you actually iron your clothes and do you enjoy doing it?

Yes, I think a lot of fabric now is a lot easier to wear, without worrying about wrinkles too much or if you put stuff in the dryer-I think it can help a bit.

I do iron but I only do that to my uniform. My job requires me to look presentable. I am lazy and I dont like ironing clothes, with that, I am always forced to do the chore.  Anything else is as is. From the dryer, to the hanger and wear. 

• 1 month later...

I honestly thought almost everyone ironed their clothes and that was the norm, until I met my boyfriend and realized I was wrong. It baffles me that he doesn't iron his clothes at all, while here I am carefully ironing everything from my dress shirts to my underwear. Could it be that dryer machines make clothes less wrinkly? Because I don't own one, and I can't imagine going out with a t-shirt that was just hung out to dry and is completely wrinkly.

I only iron my clothes when I have to do something really depressing like go to work. Just kidding. I never iron my clothes! Really though, if you spray your clothes with a little water and throw them in the dryer for fifteen or twenty minutes, you'll be wrinkle free.

That is an understatement; I am loath to ironing; essentially, I loathe the mundane process. Up, down, back, forth, left, right, and somehow the shit is still wrinkled. The wrinkles on the shirt resembles a smiling face as if it's laughing at futile efforts to straighten it. 

I LOVE ironing. Yes, I know it sounds weird, but I love it. I use liquid starch and set the iron on high steam. It is probably a learned behavior. In my family EVERYBODY irons. I once watched my aunt iron a sleeve, on her shirt, for over ten minutes to get the crease "just right". I was raised to believe that it was improper to leave the house with wrinkled clothes, so I never did. I always assumed that everybody ironed their clothes, until I started dating.

In high school, I dated a guy who didn't iron his clothes...at all. He said his mom did not even have an iron. One day, my mom could no longer stand the sight of his clothes. She made him go in the bathroom, take off his pants and pass them through the door to her. He stayed in the bathroom for ten minutes, while she ironed his pants. We both laughed about it, but he never came to my house again wearing wrinkled clothes.

Personally, I very rarely iron my clothes. When I have a wrinkled piece of clothing, I usually just put it in the dryer and take it out before it cools. I find the heat takes out wrinkles. The only time I will iron my clothes is when going to a formal event, or when I wear a suit.

Gosh I am terrible for stuff like that. I want to look nice but find all that extra work to be .... extra work! I would like to blame it on my mom. She ironed everything! We would be having a movie night and she would set up the iron and go go go! I think I just needed to desperately revolt from that conformity! And then of course who do I marry but a man who loves his clothes to be ironed! I gave in after awhile and bought one but only bring it out for very special dress occasions! So funny to think about! 

I purposely choose clothes made fom wrinkle free fabric so that I may avoid ironing. When I was a student, I am required to wear a prescribed uniform. Thus, graduating from school made me feel like I also graduated from the chore of ironing my clothes.

Now that I have a child of school age I cannot avoid ironing. I really wish that their school uniform is made out from wrinkle free fabric too.

• 1 month later...

I know that lots of people actually hate ironing, but I must admit that I tend to find it quite relaxing. Give me a big pile of clothes to iron and I'm happy. I realise that it's not for everyone and with lots of fabric that tend to not crease so much after washing, then I suppose it's not always necessary.