For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Coffee Conundrum

El Amin

There is some new research out that claims that drinking coffee can actually help you to live longer. Supposedly, each cup prolongs your life for approx. 9 minutes. The amount of coffee I drink, especially at work, could mean that instead of my expected 3 score years and 10 I could be looking at living until the ripe old age of 137.

I'm not sure this is good news!! As someone who is planning on retiring at 55 I hadn't anticipated I could be looking at 82 years of retirement. Not sure the pension funds will quite stretch to that unless I develop the ability to live on a couple of grand per year. Now I'm not planning on living a lavish lifestyle during retirement but by the time I've paid for slippers, cardigans and incontinence pants I can't see there being a whole lot left over to buy the obligatory pipe!

On the bright side there are areas where I'll be able to save money. It's a well known fact that as a man ages his trouser waistband moves further and further up his body. My calculations indicate that by the time I hit 107 my waistband should have moved so far North that my ties will be able to double as a belt and I won't need a shirt at all.

Although where the hell you buy trousers with sleeves I really don't know. Perhaps there are special shops. And just one final thing. At what age does a pensioner get out of bed in the morning, open up his wardrobe and think to himself "I've got sod all to do today, except sit around in a curmudgeonly fashion and potter down to the shops for cat food getting in everyone's way in the process.

I think I'll wear a smart jacket, a shirt and a tie?"

I mean really!! What is that all about?