For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do You Think Education I s The Only Key To Succeed In Life?

El Amin

Well in my opinion, education isn't actually the only thing needed to succeed in life. Personally, I think education only enlightens you and gives you a better understanding of issues and good ideas as well. Moreover on a personal level, I think succeeding in life requires an attitude of perseverance, hard work, dedication and risk-taking.

However, not all these characteristics are taught in schools. Therefore in my opinion, someone with merely education is not guaranteed of success in life.

What do you think?

I think placing an individuals success on education alone would be a great disservice.  There are so many other things involved in success. Personally I think the greatest aspect to a person being successful is perseverance.  Without that people will give up before they can reach success.  Always remeber that many of the most successful people have failed many times on their road to success.

I'm a teacher, and of course I think a good education is essential in life, but there's so much more going on when you talk about success. Kids need to be taught resilience, empathy, responsibility, and mindfulness in order to really succeed in today's world. They've got a lot more to deal with than generations of the past. 

• 2 weeks later...

Education is essential for success in life. But is definitely not the only the only key to success. Other factors like hard work, perseverance, discipline, and diligence are all major players in the game of success in life. If one is just educated without his or her ability to persevere in the face of difficulties and challenges to succeed, then success won't be possible.

I feel that education is very important and of course is a key factor but perhaps not the ONLY key factor. Education is more than what you learn in school which is why education is a key factor, you have to learn to educate yourself about life as well and the person that you wish to be. I would say that a healthy state of mind would be the KEY factor to succeed in life.

• 2 weeks later...

Proper education will help raise the social status of a person. However, educational attainment is not enough to determine the possibility of a person to succeed in life. Aptitude together with sound attitude is a better combination for success; for what is the use of one's knowledge if he is rotten inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Education isn't only about going to school and bagging honors and degrees. It also involves the bringing up of someone. That's why they usually say, "Knowledge is power." But I disagree. "Applied knowledge is power." It is knowledge you understand, meditate on, and execute that gives you leverage over others. And that is the key to success.

If by "education" you mean a college degree, I'd say it's definitely not the only key to success. I spent a few years advising college students, and it broke my heart when I occasionally met students who just wanted to become a chef or a mechanic. They would struggle through a prelaw or political science degree, hating every minute, because they felt their friends and family expected it. I think a large part of the issue is the way our culture views "blue collar" jobs as somehow less professional. How is working with your hands less professional than working with your brain? Instead of pushing young people to "get an education," we should be pushing young people to be the best at whatever they choose to do. If they're always working hard to improve their skill, they will succeed.

My granddaughter is 14 she's a freshman in high school and I ask her "so what would you want to do when you get out of high school" she said I don't know yet I still think  and then she says I want to do something in the medical field then I said to your so good at technology she says  that's going to be too advanced for me at that point I told her you to know what ever you decide to do you will be great at it.

To me just cause you get a college degree really doesn't get you in the door all the time but I guess it's  nice to have one the thing is the time and money that you put into and then you don't get the job that you expected to get after you have worked  so long and hard  to get  that degree then you  ask yourself was it really worth it.

I think that education is the only key and as you mentioned other things like hard work and dedication, a person comes to know these by getting educated. A person without education will not be able to understand the real value of hard work and dedication rather he will just procrastinate. By the way, I am talking about education as learning and getting educated not just getting enrolled in some school, college or university.

A shift definitely needs to happen to change many aspects of our public schooling, including classes that will teach us about our options after high school. I was lucky enough to seek the more unknown options, despite continuing with college straight out of high school. My search got me an opportunity at 19 to pursue my technical skills, but I was mostly self-taught, and only had around two years of college education.

The opportunity was with this small start-up. I didn't make much money at in the beginning, but my income blossomed into what many people don't see in their careers, much less without a college degree. I had to relinquish my college career, and have returned to school several times over the years, with 10 classes to go to get my Bachelor's. But school is a personal love for me, so continuing is fulfilling my dream of the pursuit of knowledge, not just the destination of a degree. If I didn't have such a passion for learning, there's no way I would have returned to college. I spent 12 years at that job, but sacrificed more than I had ever intended in order to help the owner build her company. After quitting, I focused on my passions, not just what I was (or could be) good at. I recognize that attending a vocational school specific to computer technology would have saved me so much time and work that I put into teaching myself in my early years at that company, but I had no way of knowing what skills would be demanded of me. 

I would watch other people attend vocational school for things related to medicine, or automotive, or computers, and knew that going to school for a particular trade you have passion for is definitely the way to go. My passion lies in economics, and knowledge in general, so a college setting is most practical for me. But so many vocational schools exist today, and people with specific passions just need to look it up, quite literally, on a search engine. Even 20 years ago, that wasn't possible. 

However, for people that just aren't sure where their passion lies, or what they might even be good at, college in general is a great starting point to explore options. Fifty years ago, in a day where digital meant nothing, going to one location to learn a foundation for everything was a great platform to find a job in the marketplace, especially for people that were interested in a job, but didn't know what skills would be required of them. Today, with the digital era, the internet is that platform, and many people can find their skill set much earlier in life. This makes a general college setting least likely to move them forward quicker than a vocational school already tailored to the skill set they've chosen to pursue.

No, education is not the only key to success in life. The road to success is long and challenging. Of course in order to be able to start on the road you need to be educated (that is  a given) but you also need key life skills to help you along the way. Bravery, courage, and taking risks are all examples of things you need to travel down the road to success. Yes education is important but if you don not  have other skills you will never end up getting to the end of the road

Firstly, I think I need to clarify your definition on education, contrary to your opinion, education is not only taught in schools, I think anyone can get education anywhere, time or place and not just the classroom only, we live to learn. On that note, I would like to say that education is the keys to to success as far as I am concerned. As long as we keep learning new things, we keep learning from our mistakes, we keep learning from other people we are bound to succeed.

• 3 weeks later...

There are people who lack education but still succeed in life, thus, education is not the only key to succeed in life. It takes courage, hard work, determination, perseverance, positive outlook, and risk-taking. Although education can help in becoming successful by gaining more knowledge on certain aspects or skills you want to have, attitude is the real secret towards success. How will education help you if you are lazy?

Therefore, do not feel down if you do not have the proper education or you even lack of education because success is not always dependent on it. 

• 2 months later...

If you are talking about Academic Education, then I believe it is not a major key.

But if you are talking about Financial Education, then I believe that it is a major key.

Many people who did well in school end up broke because of the lack of financial education.

Traditional academic education is outdated, money is almost never discussed and the things that they teach you will have very small relevance to your career.

Successful persons are self-educated; people that learned from real-life experiences and not from schools. 

No, I don't think so. I do think, however, that education is one of the major parts in one's life that determines the chance of "success" in life. It's just that amount of basic knowledge and experience of interaction with others that makes you ready for a career.

• 3 weeks later...

No matter what others would say I personally think education was never the only key to success. I know many school "droputs" who achieved massive success not only in private life but business too. It's not about formal education but rather self-education. When a person finds his passion then can be unstoppable on his way to glory. Formal education never taught anyone manners nor how to handle every day situations. Only life can teach us how to love, how to never give up and, above all, to find our own definition of success.