For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Tell her you don't like him?

dunn

My father didn't like my first 'real' boyfriend. He had legitimate reasons. And he had a passionate dislike for my first husband.

Girls, if your fathers don't like your boyfriends, they know something you don't. I can't claim the same. I am a terrible judge of character. Obviously.

When my daughter brought a serious boyfriend home from college, my husband and I shared a dilemma. Tell her he was a loser or let her learn the hard way? I told her. She was incensed. Of course. My husband was more subtle. Could she see herself with him in five years, ten, forever? It was a short-lived relationship.

She is now happily engaged. They share like interests and get along great. He has a good job and treats her with respect and adoration. I'm sure he's a good man but there's just something about him. Then again, he doesn't have to make me happy and I don't have to like him. 

Maybe I'll always want more for her. I have no reason to believe he's a shyster or an abuser. So, I'll support her choice and keep my mouth shut.