For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Procrastination

Jazzmine

You watch as time ticks away. The minutes advancing, the hours passing as this causes an uneasiness in you and you rock your body wanting to do something. Anything! Another hour passed and nothing has been done driving you further off the edge and then comes the dreaded Reaper. Come on! You can do it. Think of one thing and work on that. You look back again the Reaper drawing ever closer and your mind is still riddled with sweet temptation.

We just have to focus on taking things one step at a time, and we will find it easier to take the first step to do what we plan to do. Also, focusing on the reward  we will gain if we act can also help one overcome procrastination. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can be the worst when it comes to this issue, and I lie to myself, at times, saying that i do my best work "under pressure". This might actually be true, every now and then, but honestly I do better when I have a list of goals to accomplish, and I check them off as I go. I even put little boxes in the margins of a handwritten list to check things off as I accomplish them. If I don't finish, then the goals get recycled for the next day. Still, procrastination is 800 pound gorlla in the room every day that i have to lure out back into the jungle of unfinished tasks.

Procrastination is a vice that should be eliminated from our lives. Otherwise, we stand the chance of having a cause to worry often about the undone tasks. Each time I procrastinated a very important task, I usually have a cause to worry over something that would’ve been done a long ago. As a result, I ended up heaping tasks upon tasks of my head which ultimately become a major source of stress for me.

Here I am writing about procrastination on the Internet, the greatest source of procrastination ever. Apart from that irony, I have had a lifelong struggle with procrastination, and I have always had to use motivational techniques to keep me on point. Some tasks will not allow you to procrastinate, but others seem to be more flexible. However, then I think that I tend to lie to myself or to rationalize things in order to put them off. I got to the point where I started to use a "rewards system". There are certain things I like to do for pleasure, and so, to avoid procrastination, I started using reward-type activities to motivate me. In other words, I would not allow myself an award until I finished my tasks at hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite a proficient procrastinator. It always comes back to bite me in the butt. Typically in the form of being very late for an event becasue I wasn't able to leave the house in time because of..... 

I have found that having a checklist helps a lot. I track everything now. And keep my journal/notebook/to do list with me everywhere so I can always accomplish something or write down the next task asap. I also give myself false timelines for much sooner then it needs to be done. Another big factor that has made a huge difference is to time block my day and have a routine. I always thought routines were lame but that was because I couldn't plan out my time on time! But now that I have routine it has made a world of difference in knowing that I can accomplish what I need to,  and fit everything in,  so I'm not overwhelmed and then just drop everything! 

• 7 months later...

Everyone makes excuses to postpone doing things they need to accomplish even when they know these are crucial to their future. We avoid doing these tasks for the exact same reasons:  lack of motivation. Besides, we can always do it tomorrow, right? 

Procrastination is not entirely bad since there are people who are more successful and happier if they procrastinate but that doesn’t mean they're lazy, they just handle delay better. Another reason why we procrastinate is that we fear failure. Fearing the consequences of failure will result in declining to take action. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have actually got a book on procrastination ... that I keep intending to read! I have already read one book on procrastination, and I'm hoping that the act of reading up on the topic will cure me of it. I'm not actually too bad at getting stuff done though. It's just some things, like filing, that tend to defeat me. I find that with an irksome task there is a terrible tendency to procrastinate, but if you break that task down into manageable pieces, and do a little bit at a time, then it gets done.

I have a very big procrastination. However, I have recently realized that I only procrastinate when I’m sitting down. If I stay standing I tend to stay moving. On the contrary, as soon as I sit down there’s little chance of me getting back up and doing whatever I need to do at that time.