For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Dark Web

Siddhant

Though the name suggests a hideous place on the Internet housing illegal markets of all sorts and other horrific undiscovered services, it's often misunderstood. These are basically the parts of the Internet that require specific Softwares and configurations to access them. Think of it as a sort of dark alley where no one goes, it's secure and hidden from plain sight. Over time this dark alley is taken over by people of questionable character and job description as it offers both, anonymity and security. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

For the last few months I have been seeing articles that have something to do with the dark web, but this is the first link that I have actually clicked on. I am interested to know what happens on the dark web. How can you gain access to the dark web? It seems much more complicated than simply going to Google. I would love to hear more! 

• Like 1

I agree with GorgeousLadiiD!  How can I get to the dark web?  Once I get there, what do I do?  I've only seen things on TV and movies, and it seems so confusing!  Plus, I have no idea what it's used for except human trafficking, hacking, and terror-related activities.  I'm sure there is much more to it, but to the general, even educated, public, we are clueless how to use it.

This is something I've been curious about lately. I worked for a company that provides information to major search engines regarding the quality of websites, and some of those pages were pretty raunchy. Thankfully, the really bad ones were few and far between.

The way I understand the Dark Web is that the pages and sites there are not indexed by search engines, so when someone searches for something illegal, they are not shown those unindexed pages. It is the indexing that causes a page to be included in a search engine's results page. If a search engine does not have a record of that page, it won't be shown to the public.

People use this fact to hide their pages from law enforcement by keeping their pages with illegal items and activities from being indexed simply by changing the code for that page or site. However, if someone links to a page on the Dark Web, and that page with the link has been indexed by a search engine, the linked-to page could very well become visible on a search result.

• 5 years later...

I really enjoy your analogy of the dark alley and how it can be over run. That was very clever and I may use it in the future when trying to explain the dark web to others, if you don't mind that is. I first gained interest in TOR browser and the dark web out of curiosity of what dark things it may hold. That has transformed into me teaching myself all kinds of stuff about coding, technology, and how computers and networking and all that stuff that seems like alien jargon works. 

The Dark Web does hold some very dark things and i wouldn't suggest poking around on that stuff if you aren't ready to see something a little unkind. just like creeps pop out in a dark alley they seem to be lurking beyond the next clickable link in the TOR browser.