For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Renovate old furniture or just buy new?

DemandaG

I consider myself a pretty handy, creative, and environmentally conscious individual, so I've made a valiant effort to repurpose/renovate my own furniture or buy antiques.  With that being said, it seems like I'll spend more on the furniture , renovation supplies, primers, paint, hardware, etc., than I would have if I'd just bought new!  I honestly don't mind the effort it requires to restore something worn to look pretty and useable.  It is simply the overall cost of doing so I find frustrating.  I prefer my upcycled items to look fresh and modern, which ends up costing a lot on quality hardware and painting supplies.  Not to mention the time spent researching what I want the end product to look like!  I just can't seem to figure out how to cut costs, refresh an item into a gorgeous piece of furniture, and, ultimately, putting it to good use (or selling it at a profit).