For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you prefer paperbacks or ebooks?

NoweherenearHim

Once upon a time, paperbacks were the order of the day. But then, ebooks came on board and we now have ebook retailers all over the internet.

This is because ebooks have a lot of advantages. You can access it across your devices anytime. You can take it anywhere you want, including the loo. Ebooks are cheaper compared to paperbacks. They are also easier to buy: you don't have to visit a bookstore or wait for a parcel to arrive in the mail.

But then, paperbacks also have its advantages. There's the feeling of fulfillment you get whenever you hold one in your hands, especially if it's your book or a book that's been topping your wishlist for long. When you read paperbacks, your eyes don't get strained as it would while reading on a computer or smartphone. So, you're more relaxed and each word you read sink into your mind better. You'll also catch typographical errors easily. There are no distractions on paperbacks, unlike while reading ebooks on a smartphone. There could be popup ads, emails, or social media messages.

Both ebook and paperback have advantages as well as disadvantages. But which do you prefer and why?

It's a tough call because you're right, both have their advantages and disadvantages. 

All things considered, I prefer paperback books. I like the feel of a book in my hands. I like being able to easily flip back to check on something in previous chapters or to long lists of characters and their relations in complicated books.  At least half of the books I read are for research. I like being able to have multiple books open that I can flip through easily to find what I'm looking for.  Really though, I like writing in my books. I take notes avidly and highlight quotes I like. I know I can do that on e-readers as well; I just don't find it quite as satisfying.

However, I do enjoy on Kindle that I can see how many other readers enjoyed that particular quote too. Other advantages with ebooks: you can purchase them wherever you are, you can carry around a lot of books with no strain, some books are only available in this format, and it's generally a lot cheaper.

At the end of the day, I only use ebooks when the paperback is really expensive or unavailable and on airplanes. 

Which do you prefer?

Ebooks for me, for 2 reasons. Firstly, for the past nearly 3 years now I've enjoyed living with the minimum of possessions that I would need to take with me when moving home or residence. Basically I've been trying to keep what I have down to what can be fitted into about 3 large suitcases, as I've been relocating approximately every 6 months. It is still very intentional at this stage to keep physical possessions to a minimum and I'm continuing to enjoy the liberation of not to having to be burdened with too many physical items to transport. I'd amassed quite a collection of books and music CDs prior to choosing to downsize once upon a time. Secondly as someone with a sight impairment, I really enjoy the facility of using a computer or smartphone to read an ebook to me, which I find far easier, a time saver and far more enjoyable, so long as the computerised voice has good diction! I enjoy audio books even more, so for me, the physicality of a book hasn't really been that much of an influential issue.

I prefer e-books.  They're easy to store and one can more easily refer to the contents. Storage space for Paper backs, especially when you have a large number of books, is always a problem. With your favorite e-books stored in your tablet, you don't have to carry a bulky book around all the time in order to read on the road. Not to talk of the difference in the costs of acquiring them. Paperbacks may have their own advantages, but I definitely prefer e-books. 

I prefer paperbacks without a doubt. I love the bookstore experience. I love the smell of a book and the sound as I turn the pages. I like to be able to read a book without it having to be charged. Emails, texts, etc., can be rather distracting as you're trying to read an ebook. Paperbacks are great to have when you want to read, but need to conserve your phone battery.

i prefer paperback because the texture of the book makes the book even better. The smell of the fresh pages is a great feeling. Actually being able to feel and touch the book is a lot better than any old e book. That is why i prefer paper backs of e books.

Nowadays I prefer ebooks because they are more convenient and cheaper than paperbacks. I'm a very picky mood reader. I must start reading about 5 books before I stop at a book that I really like. Then I make this book my #1, but I still keep the other books in my kindle's library. I also read a book based on how I feel at the time. So just because I don't read a book for one week, doesn't mean I won't go back to it the following week. Before I got a kindle, I made several trips to the library in one week just to keep up with my reading habits. 

• 3 weeks later...

To be exact I prefer Hardback to Paperback, but I prefer Paperback to anything on an electric device. 

If your issue is space or money you can always visit a LIBRARY! (A magical place where your can borrow a book for free!!)

For me, it's the musty smell of the paper, the tactile experience of holding the book, fingering each page as I travel through the book.

This is a question I get asked a lot. 

My answer is always the same: "Why do I have to choose?" I love the fact that it gives me options.

I hate being late for an appointment which means that I am often waiting. Not a problem at all. I have a reading app on my phone and as such have a whole library at my disposal. Definitely my type of heaven. :)

A conventional book has its own benefits and charm. I love the smell of books. It is the first thing I do when picking up a book...I smell it. And I don't care where I am. I have had quite a few looks coming my way when I do this in public.

Snuggling under the covers on a raining day reading a book is one of the nicest things to do. 

So I will not choose one or the other. I embrace the fact that it gives me more opportunity to read.

Paperback or hardback, without a doubt! Sure, eBooks are convenient, but I love having my read books on my shelf as a trophy, an accomplishment, and an adventure had. (I'm a nerd. I read almost nothing but fantasy.) I think the limited space I have might appreciate me using a Kindle or something. Might look into it actually...

And there I was, so sure before, but now...

Obviously, you have have mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of each class of book. I still prefer ebooks to paper book  because ebooks can easily be edited and corrected neatly but with paper book you may have to use correcting fluid which will definitely put a stain to the write up. There are also possibilities of decay of paper book if it is not properly kept but you can keep ebooks in your mail for longer period without any decay

Whenever I want to read my mails or projects I'm pursuing on the go, ebooks come to mind. I prefer ebooks to paperback because you can read at anytime, edit and make changes to the ebooks if need be. Kindle Fire has made reading easy. I'm not saying that paperbacks are not essential but ebooks allows you to read anytime of the day. You can edit the information to your satisfaction.

Also, ebooks are easy to store in Kindle Fire devices. Millions of write-ups are readily at your fingertips.