For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Would you want an indoor or outdoor wedding?

Theblueunicorn

I'm a little wedding-crazy at the moment after re-watching footage from the royal wedding of 2011 and once again I've been mentally planning my own wedding, from my dream dress to the food and the location. Speaking of location, I've always been the odd one out of my friends in the sense that I want an indoor wedding, preferably in an ancient cathedral. However, all my friends either want a beach wedding or a garden wedding which has never appealed to me at all. I think I'd elope before I had an outdoor wedding and I can't be the only one that feels this way. Right? 

So I'm putting the question out there: Would you want an indoor or outdoor wedding? 

How funny that you felt the odd woman out because of wanting an indoor wedding, when I've always been the odd woman out for wanting an outdoor wedding. However, as I've gotten older and climate change is making the weather in every state different year-to-year, I've been growing fonder of an indoor wedding.  The outdoor wedding was appealing because of wanting that beautiful backdrop in every direction I looked, with a slight breeze and the smell of either an ocean or a garden to awaken that sense.  But now I'm recognizing the calm of being indoors, with the beauty of so many types of buildings, like your ancient cathedral, would be a treat just as good for the eyes as an outdoor setting.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually my wife and I got married in the outdoors. We had a backyard wedding. We didn't care about the wedding. We just wanted to be married. We were honestly going to go elope. But my mother wouldn't have it. She called her minister and he came down and signed our wedding license. We married back in 2008 and have been married since than. No regrets. 

• 2 years later...

I always thought I'd like an outdoor wedding, however, the wedding I did have was better than I ever dreamed. My husband and I are Catholic, so it is required to have the ceremony in a church. Our church is small but beautiful. But what made the ceremony so special wasn't the location, but the personal touches.

• We selected all the music, and the music director at our church even composed something just for us.
  • My cousin and my husband's friend (who happens to be a Lutheran pastor) were readers.
  • We had three priests officiate -- our pastor and two others who are friends of my husband. One even helped us get together by providing him with very sound spiritual direction.
  • During the homily, our pastor made reference to my husband's Lutheran upbringing (he is a convert to Catholicism) in a charming and humorous way.

And, of course, the best part was that I married my best friend. We've been married nearly three years now and I am just as in love as I was early on in our relationship. I can't say that about my first marriage, but that is another story.