For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Anxiety and Depression: the Silent Disease

doeraeme

You may hear people say they are feeling anxious or depressed quite often, and it might not even concern you. Perhaps you do not take them seriously, or maybe it is that you do not know what you can say to help them feel better. More often than not, those who suffer with anxiety and/or depression live a completely normal (even happy) life. Externally they seem to have it all together, but in reality they may be drowning in a sea of loneliness and fear.

As someone who was recently diagnosed with anxiety and mild depression, I can relate to the drowning scenario. I internalize many of my feelings and I am also a perfectionist, so opening up about it is not easy for me. I have opened up to my doctor and she has found a medication combination that works well for me, but at times when everything seems to go wrong (ie- a hurricane, financial difficulties, life changes, etc.) I begin to feel the same sinking feeling. That is the best way I can describe it, to be honest. Some might even call them "panic attacks", but I am not sure. I do not want to over-medicate, but I don't know how else to calm down when these scenarios happen.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to effectively deal with my anxiety when the medication is not enough? I am new to this and would appreciate any and all advice.