For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

do long distance relationships work?

zai08

i have been in a long distance relationships for 1 year and 8 months now,sometimes there comes jealousy,doubt,less time to talk to each others because of time difference and being busy,sometimes i felt like i can handle those,...and sometimes i just ask myself if we i and him can make that work!!!!

Yes it really works. If the two of you are loyal to each other and if the two of you are ready to sacrifice. It will work to the both of you if there is patience and trust. But if it did'nt work and it fail then you are not meant to be God only can predict what will happen but put God first and be the center of your life.

It works for some and at the same time it doesn't work for others. But before anyone decides to go with this type of relationship, he or she must first of all know and trust himself or herself that he can cope with it. 

I think it depends on the person. But most of the time, I don't think that long distance relationships work since if you spend too much time away from your boyfriend/girlfriend, you are bound to grow apart and find someone else. That's just my opinion.

Long distance relationship really does work if there is continuous and strong communication. I have a girlfriend and she is from England. We do trust and love each other. It is necessary to chat on daily basis with your partner so both can feel the existence and the feelings of each other.

Long distance relationships are hard, there's no doubt about it. They're not easy to maintain, but it's not impossible. However, in order to keep the relationship alive, you have to be with the right person. Since you mention that there's jealousy between you and your partner sometimes, as well as doubt, I might have a feeling that the two of you aren't made to be together.
The essence of any relationship is trust, no matter how close or far away the person is from you. If you don't have that, then no relationship can survive. I don't want to sound too negative or anything, I don't know the two of you personally. But you should definitely take some time to think if you really want to be with the person you're with.
If you feel like your partner is worth it, then both of you should agree to make more time to each other, no matter how hard it is. Even a short phone call a day can make a huge difference at keeping some sort of closeness with the person you love.

Being in a long distance relationship is really hard. I grew up in a family where my dad has to work abroad in order to make both ends meet. It was really a tough time for my mom. There had been times when they argue because of jealousy and doubt. It was really hard. I've observed a lot of broken families in our area. It can be attributed to long distance relationships. Some people find others to cure their homesickness which eventually leads to total separation from their family or significant someone.

My answer will be yes and no. Yes, long distance relationships work as long as both parties involved accepts such arrangement and are faithful to each other.

Long distance relationships will not work if both parties involved are unfaithful to each other and don't trust each other. there will always be quarrels and fights as a result of suspicions.

Lastly, what works for a particular relationship that is into long distance set up, might not work for another.    

It all depends on the two individuals involved in the relationship. Trust issues is always the problem if not properly managed. If both parties can trust each other, i think distance will not be a barrier to any long distance relationship. My opinion though!

A long distance relationship can work if the people involved work hard to communicate to each other and make each one feel loved. It's when one neglects the other and focuses more on other things or people that the relationship weakens. Especially nowadays that we have the technology, no one can make an excuse not to reach out to the person he loves. Just like fire, love must be kept blazing or else it will die.

Distant relationships do work out most times and of course, my marriage is a product of distant relationship. I have married for the past five years now and I am enjoying my marriage.

Long distance relationship works for couples who are genuinely committed to one another. Genuine commitment takes its roots from true love, patience and understanding which can make lovers to withstand all challenges and stay loyal to one another even against any form of temptation and frustration. I am happy to be married to my wife who had withered the storm posed by long distance in our relationship. 

I do not imagine myself in a long distance relationship since I believe that spending quality time together is essential and I believe knowing the other person well requires spending a lot of time together. However, some people manage to make it work using services such as Skype in order to keep in contact, as well as making arrangements to visit each other. Overall, I believe it depends on the individuals' personalities and priorities. 

I have been in one long distance relationship before. I believe one of the key factors is that both people should be willing to consider and plan a move so that you do not have to keep the relationship long distance. Some people stay in separate states or even countries and only make visits. Eventually, I think those relationships will become stale and could end.

It may seem like it works, but to be honest with you drawing from my personal experiences, I think long distance relationships are mere formalities...it doesn't work all that well. 

Spending time oftenly with eachother, going on dates, in-person comfort and communication during tough times, these are just a few activities that drives a good relationship between couples. How do we achieve such in a long distance relationship?

Secondly, I think the success of a relationship mainly depends on each others efforts. Long distance relationship eliminates an important driving force in a relationship, presence. Half of the times people cheat in a long distance relationship is due to lack of constant presence. in a case when one is going through tough times in the continuing absence of a partner, comfort can come through anyone close which might lead to a satisfying mistake.

This in my opinion is the reason why I feel a long distance relationship won't work. 

It can work, but you really have to know the person to whom you are committing yourself and that is very difficult when love is involved. Love is a wonderful emotion, no doubt, but it can blind you from certain realities about your relationship. My marriage was based on a long term relationship but we had dated for a year before I took a job out of state. It was in no way easy, but I felt she was the one for me and it has worked out for the last twenty five years. I wouldn't recommend it, though.