For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you enjoy the company of little children?

wepay

I had this neighbor whose sister comes around with three of her children each time she came visiting. After the visit of his sister and her children are ended, he will always complain of feeling so tired. He says that his nieces and nephew pester him with irrelevant questions, and also asking him for this and for that. And that they get him so overwhelmed that he feels he doesn’t like having little kids around.

Well I do like having them around me. In fact, their pestering for this and for that is sometimes fun to me. They are a set of adorable human beings to have around. What do you think? Do you enjoy the company of little children?

Children are God's gift to us. Psalm 127: 3 tells us "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is His reward." They can be annoying at times, but we must see them as precious gems given to us to nurture, mold, and influence for good. Jesus loved children and I should be kind to them as well. I now enjoy being with children as I continue to understand that concept.

I honestly don't really enjoy being around children. If they are on the quieter side and are well behaved, I am okay with it.  I know it is in their nature to be energetic, but I am just someone who cannot handle a lot of noise and commotion.  That applies to all people really, not just kids. I don't mind being asked questions, but sometimes I do not know how to respond to a child. I do not really know how to talk to them, so I feel awkward.

As I get older, the more I have learned to embrace my inner child. To see the world through the eyes of the young is to see it anew, without the prejudices of a lifetime of experience. Being around children has reawakened this sense of wonder in me that I had lost as a result of growing up and being an adult. I think it is our responsibility as adults to help teach our children about the world but we shouldn't quash their sense of wonder and imagination in the process. Open your heart and mind to a child and you just might learn something, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Children are inquisitive and always questioning the world around them. Their young minds are like a dry sponge thirsting for water. Every new day they absorb so much knowledge that helps them to grow and develop. I personally love being around young children and encouraging them to expand their horizons.

I have no younger sibling but I do really love children. Though they are noisy and naughty I find them so stress reliever. When I'm with them I feel like I'm getting younger and younger also. Every time I see their smiles and hear how they laugh my heart melts and I always realized that they are really a gift; a special contribution to this creation.

I feel that I feel more comfortable with my children because my nature is also very similar to children. I like to enjoy the naughty nature of children. I myself also do a lot of mischief with them. The innocence in children is not in the elderly. No matter how elder we are, our heart is still a child.

I have three children of my own, and I love being around them. Children bring such a unique perspective to the world, and they remind me of what's really important. They find joy in the small things, they forgive easily, and they can turn anything into an adventure.