For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Book Lover - - Paper books VS. Ebooks

Ronshell

I am a huge book lover. I am also a frustrated writer, but I don't lose hope. Before the high tech gadgets, I started collecting books already. My parents taught me to love reading since I was a kid. It became a hobby. I love the smell of the pages of a new book and old books even more so. I like it when I purchase books on book sale; knowing that this book is owned by someone before me, gives me a weird happiness. My imagination can go crazy from crying to laughing to freezing (the latter happens when it's a horror genre, and I love it). So, yeah, I would love a book than ebooks, but they're also very handy, I must admit. :)

Reading books is a good habit. Reading  paper book is better then ebooks as computer damage your vision. Paper book  are better because you can locate easily what you have left behind to read in future and dosent leave radiation or damage your vision.

Yes, you are right. ebooks expose one's vision to radiation but most of the people on this planet already owns a smartphone, laptops, and the likes. Some argue that having ebooks on their gadgets is much better than none at all. Reading is still reading regardless of the medium. 

• 1 month later...

Personally, I like physical books more than electronic books.  I love the feeling of holding a book in my hands and the smell of the pages.  

As a writer, I spend so much time staring at my computer screen during the day that I find it refreshing to get off of the computer, curl up on my bed with my kitties, and read a physical book before I go to sleep each night.  

I was so sad when the bookstore, Borders, closed.  I really hope that physical books stay around as technology continues to advance.  

While I will always love physical books, I am appreciating ebooks more and more. I decided many years ago to only buy ebooks and took my beloved paperback collection to the thrift shop. I don’t regret it-I love deciding to buy a book at 3am and getting it right away. I use an app and changed the settings. Now my eyes don’t ache.  

I love eBooks! I take advantage of my library program where you can download free Kindle books. I tend to read more than one book at a time, so it's nice to have them all in one spot! I do very much appreciate paper books of course though- there's just something about holding the book itself and being able to turn the pages. I do still read physical books at night when I'm getting ready to go to bed, because I like to read at night and the glow of the Kindle keeps me awake. I like to curl up in bed and read until I fall asleep. 

Well, if I'm lazy; I'll just download an ebook. But if you want to have a better reading experience then I'll definitely recommend a paper book. It feels nice to have solid paper in yours hands, it feels more real when you are enjoying the story. Experiencing the story from something "real" and not virtual. But of course, if you're too lazy to bother with that, or don't have the money, then you can just download an ebook or buy an ebook reader device. Reader devices tend to be quite expensive though, so I just use my Laptop.

I love ebooks. I just love how handy they are. I mean how cool is it to carry about ten books with me wherever I go without feeling the weight. And talk about easy accessibility. Although I grew up reading paper books and I still have paper books in my library but ebook comes in handy when I need to quickly have access to a book. Plus I read mainly at night and its a sort of laziness on my part to put on a lamp and start flipping through the pages of a book at night but I can easily read from my smartphone without flinching, so ebook does it for me.

in our digital era ebooks are more popular than paper books. Ebooks are easy to get and read anytime and anywhere. Yet, I personally prefer paper books. No matter how weird it may sound but I love the smell of new printed book and prefer traditional way of reading ;)

I have a love for books, especially for the actual physical copies that I can hold in my hand. I don't know how to explain my love of books; I'm not much into the smell of them, I don't think. If I get a used book I don't necessarily fantasize about its previous owner. Books are just my thing. I love a good book. I love and adore going to the library. 

Reading books online is an okay thing to do if I'm standing in a long line somewhere; or at an appointment where I have to wait a long time. Even then though, I prefer holding an actual book. When I have an appointment to go to, I always carry at least one book with me for just that very reason.

• 1 month later...

I used to love reading books when I was younger.  I found a lot  of good authors and series.  But the price of books just got too expensive and going to the library was just out of the way.  Ebooks are much easier and since I can just download them even from the library it's been easy to get back into the habit.  If I do find anything I can't live without I can always buy it but if I don't boom, back it goes with no problems.  I don't tend to reread books over and over so the ones I have just take up space.  Ebooks have become a better choice for me.

I love to read paper books. Nothing beats the smell of a new book, of holding something tangible in your hands. A real book doesn't need batteries, so it will never die on you. Paper books never need to be recharged. Paper books can also be traded or sold. If a friend wants to read a book I have, I can just give it to them; I don't have to give them my e-reader. It's just so much easier. One of my favorite dates is going to the library and picking out books. It lets you get to know a person better and see their interests. Buying used books is also way cheaper than buying a new e-book most of the time. I'll be sticking to good, old fashioned, paper books.

• 2 weeks later...

In many cases, I prefer print over digital but when reading about topics where I already have knowledge, electronic books are the best.   While I like the idea of having a collection, I would recommend any book lover consider building a digital library as an alternate source. 

I have always been an avid reader. I am also a self certified geek and love technology. I never thought I would prefer e-books to a printed copy, but I do prefer e-books. I have kept a few of my favourite books, which is proudly displayed in my home. After reading my first few e-books, I had bought a book from a favoured author and I was very annoyed because I had become so accustomed to using the digital features. When you have the ability to open the dictionary or thesaurus feature, it becomes something that is difficult to live without. I found myself pressing the words on the pages of my physical book instinctively, while trying to bring up a digital menu!

Before e-books I would always look for bargains in charity shops, but now I can find the same bargains by browsing the endless list of indie authors trying to make careers by building their reputation with free or cheap book offers.

• 1 month later...

Personally I prefer paper books. The reason behind that is that I have downloaded e-books but I never finish them. I get distracted with messages, likes, emails, and all these other things that my phone is capable of. e-books might be a great choice for other but for me that method doesn't work, and I also like seeing my books in my bookshelf. It makes me feel good of my accomplishment of finishing a certain book.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a nostalgic love for paperbacks and hardbacks. There is something a little romantic about cracking open a book, the smell of the pages, the feel and sound of the pages turning. It's not difficult to imagine myself curled up with a cup of tea and my cats, completely lost in it. Sliding your finger on a device just doesn't evoke quite the same image, does it? But e-books have been an amazing asset to writers and readers. More and more authors are able to publish, to get their works into the world and to their audience. A majority of the overhead is gone, doors removed entirely, and digital marketplaces have made finding these authors easier than ever. We're not restricted to top ten lists anymore, instead suggestions popping up all the time. I still have a huge collection of books that I'll never get rid of, books I'll reread until they're falling apart. That being said, I think the new technology is fabulous and look forward to further innovations.

I love love love to read. It's my favorite thing on earth to do. There is nothing better than sitting down by the fire with a cup of cocoa or a glass of wine and a good romance novel.Paper books are dead, in my opinion especially because they take up a lot of space and can clutter your house. It took me a while, but I have embraced e-books. They are much more practical. You can read them from anywhere. You don't have the weight of a paper book. They are especially convenient when you're going on vacation, because you don't have to worry about extra laguage.

There is something to be said for holding a book in your hands and sharing a tactile part of the adventure. While I enjoy the resources available through e-books and the likes, I much prefer milling around the book store & touching various books until one says, "Take me home". I'm tactile and enjoy sensory activities (holding, thumbing, smelling and reading an adventure); it's something I've never achieved through e-books. 

Personally, I prefer reading printed books as compared to e-books. I love the feel of the crisp paper as I turn the pages. For me, when I hold and read a book, I subconsciously remember the physical location of the words, whether it was in a paragraph towards the beginning or the end of the book, or on the left or right side of the page. While e-books are often cheaper and easier to carry, I think that staring at a lit screen can be tiring for the eyes.