For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to start reading the Bible.

zimray

New

As a believer of Christ, I can suggest the following 3 simple tips on "HOW TO START READING THE BIBLE..". Check this out!

1. BUY YOUR OWN BIBLE.
--- How can you start meditating God's Words if you don't have a Bible? Yes, you're right. There are many BIBLE applications in google play and app store. But, it's very different if you read it in a book. Because there's a tendency that if you use your phone as a Bible, then your WiFi is on, then your chat-mates will chat you and BOOOM..,it can easily distract you. That's why I suggest that you buy your own Bible and start reading it. 

2. CHOOSE A VERSION OF THE BIBLE. 
--- It is important because, some of the other versions of the Bible has a deeper English and hard to understand in your first read. We as readers, we want to read a book that we can understand easily the words that is written. But still, it depends on you if you want to challenge yourself reading in a deeper way. Just choose what version that suits you most.

3. PRAY THAT GOD WILL SPEAK TO YOU THROUGH HIS WORDS IN THE BIBLE.
--- At first, it's not easy to read the Bible, even if you're already a book reader. It's very different from how we read the other books. That's why you need to pray first, so that the Holy Spirit can help us by giving us wisdom in reading God's Word. And, as you read deeper, God will start talking to you, as if He is talking to you face to face. 

Reading can be a great past-time for everyone, but we must not forget also that it's really amazing to read a Word that can help us change our lives. And it is the, BIBLE.

Yes, very good advice. Having your own bible, you can underline, or highlight scripture that has spoken to you. This will enable you to come back at a later time for reference. I have done this ever since becoming a Christian. It is also easier as you become a mature Christian, to look up verses, or scripture for others to learn from. I have been asked specific questions about the Bible, and have been able to answer many doubts about God's word. A very uplifting experience, to help others just beginning in their faith. 

I would say to read it with an open mind and look at it as any other book because it makes it much easier to get through. I am an Atheist and felt that reading it gave me a more educated decision not to follow religion. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It might help to start by setting a goal to read a smaller section at a time, like a certain number of verses or one chapter.  That way, it's easier to make time to read on a regular schedule and harder to find excuses to skip reading.