For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Why do people watch food shows?

Kai26

I am one of those people who is glued to watching shows that are related to cooking. Somehow, it's very therapeutic for me. I enjoy learning new techniques and gives me great ideas for meal preparations. It is also a lot of fun to see the cooking process. The best part of it is the garnishing and the presentation. I like watching MasterChef, Top Chef and The Great British Bake Show. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a "Food Show Phase" about 2 years ago. My brother and I would watch The Food Network because a.) Nothing else of interest was on TV, and b.) The shows were genuinely enjoyable. I learned to cook, and it was fun to pick up new recipes from the Food Network chefs. Watching those shows can be quite rewarding.

Food shows aren't really the best for me, as whenever I watch them, I get extremely tempted to go to the grocery store and get all the ingredients necessary to cook whatever is on TV. Sometimes it can be quite fun to watch it, especially if you've already eaten and because then you can watch it without craving for whatever they're cooking on the show. On some food shows here in Sweden, they provide a recipe, so if I don't have anything to eat for dinner, I watch the show while I'm cooking!