For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Your skin care regimen

Migi

Are you taking care of your face skin regularly? I have been battling acne and inflamed skin for years. I went to clinics and doctors without results. Recently, I tried using the beauty skin care guides on the internet, especially based on the Korean practices. Double cleansing, double toning, essence, serum, moisturizer, and sunblock. Look at how many layers I put on my face! That was the biggest reason why I didn't start the regimen earlier (and frankly, it's expensive), but now I know why people are so crazy about it.

As a man, this is my skin care regimen. A cold shower with Lava soap, dry off with fine grit sandpaper and then use the same soap as a "lather" to shave with. :lol:

But my wife and daughter like Aloe based skin care products. And coconut oil. I don't ask too many questions as to why, or what the applications are, but they both have really nice skin. My daughter especially, but she's only 17 so life hasn't had its way with her skin yet.

• 2 weeks later...

G R, that sounds almost exactly the same as my husband's routine. I don't know how you guys do it. 

Migi, my routine is closer to yours. I've gotten really serious about it this year because I realized that I'm turning 30 in December and, I'll be honest, I haven't been super kind to my body/skin over the years. I use a hydrating cleanser, toner, retinol, snail mucus (sounds gross, but it's amazing), rosehip oil as a moisturizer, and sunscreen. When I've got some bad acne going on, I'll ditch the retinol for some extra-strength Stridex pads. On days I wear makeup, I'll throw in a micellar water cleanser, too. Additionally, I do 3-5 masks each week depending on how much time I have. It's all extensive and probably more than I need, but it's already been helping my skin a lot. I think it's important, not just because I'm vain, but I mean it's the largest organ we have; we should take care of it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@G R I envy men who can do away with such simple steps! Many of my male friends also have acne problems, but they tend to ignore the acne.

@mawhitaker If I read your post last year, I would look at you like an alien. Now, though, everything is familiar. I'm also using snail mucus products because they help to reduce inflammation. That's a lot of masks every week, though. I only do it once a week because I'm not exactly sure where to start with them. What kind of masks do you use?

• Like 2

@Migi Haha, I actually got a message from Lynn right after I posted it asking what the heck that was! My mom and friends do the exact same thing. It's a lot of masks but I like to use ones for all different kinds of things, like anti-aging, blemish control, brightening, soothing, moisturizing, etc. Here are some examples of all the different kinds they have out there. I usually buy ones at the drug store or bundles on Amazon because it can get pretty expensive. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, they can be very expensive! It's also annoying because I actually need to try them out before knowing which one works best for my skin. I stick to blackhead mask (the Bioaqua carbon one) and anti-acne mask.

It looks like your skin is relatively normal, while mine easily has a breakout here and there. I'm a fan of snail mucus and now looking to try tea tree extracts/essences because I hear that both are good for my oily skin.

• 3 weeks later...

That's super true. I think that's why I like getting the variety packs so much too. I can buy more of the ones that really work for me and try out different brands more easily. I haven't tried Bioaqua carbon before, but I have been meaning too! I've heard that it can hurt to take off and dries your skin out, are either of those true?

It's relatively normal, but it changes from season to season. Like right now, the cold weather makes me pretty much straight up normal, almost dry. In the humid summers though, I'm oily as crap. My skin has changed since pregnancy. I've heard good things about tea tree extracts. You'll have to let me know how it goes! 

It hurts a bit when I peel the mask off of the hairy area (such as the eyebrows). Otherwise, it's not painful at all. I also don't think my skin gets dry afterward. It feels tight but not in an uncomfortable way.

I will keep you updated! Tea tree extracts are expensive around here, though. I could get other extracts or essences twice the volume for a cheaper price. For now, I decided to buy some sheet masks with tea tree extracts, so we'll see how it goes.

Peeling anything off a hairy area is bound to cause some pain, so that's not too surprising. I love that tight feeling! 

Ah yeah ... wouldn't it be nice if skincare products weren't so darn pricey? That's why I pretty much exclusively buy them on Amazon or keep an eye out for sales on Ulta. I hope the sheet masks will work just as well! 

• 10 months later...

My skincare routine is on the basic side. In the morning, I wipe a damp washcloth across my face and then apply tinted moisturizer and a bit of serum. At night, I take everything off with a makeup remover wipe and cotton pads half-soaked with micellar water. I also have a Korean rinse-off mask that's still sitting in its box!

• 1 month later...

I do not take good care of my skin. I really would like to start, but I have no idea where to begin! Maybe some of you can give me some suggestions?

Right now, I just use Cetaphil to wash my face. I saw that they have other products in the store, but to be honest, I have no idea what all these moisturizers, toners, etc. actually do for the skin and which ones I need. 

My skin is sensitive, and Cetaphil has been good about not irritating my skin at all. I don't wear makeup, and I'm 36. If any of you have an idea of what I might need, please do let me know! 

• 2 weeks later...

Skin care is pretty much the bane of my existence. I have eczema so skin care has been a lifelong battle for me. I have spent (more like wasted) thousands of dollars on any type of cream, oil, ointment that you can imagine. I used steroid creams prescribed by my doctors for years to keep my skin in check. I recently learned about topical steroid addiction and the damage that the creams do your skin. Based on my findings, I've been abstaining from my creams and my skin is an absolute nightmare. The only thing that can heal the skin is time. All of this to say, I think the best skin care comes from inside. Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies, eat plant-based meals.

• 4 weeks later...

@JewelsCat22 I'm using Cetaphil for Oily Skin, and I like it so far. I can use it twice a day without making my skin dry and patchy. Other than being sensitive, what other problems does your skin have? I think we all can benefit from more moisturizers and sunblock, but the rest of them depend on the issues you want to tackle.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I swear by natural or semi-natural products. My skin is very sensitive and can't take a lot of processed products. I use Dr Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soap as my cleanser and an Origins moisturizer, as well as Kiehl's avocado eye cream. Then every other day or so I do a face mask with natural oils. I do notice my skin has been getting a bit drier, but the oil keeps my skin in check.