For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What's Good for Immune System?

Redwriter

According to an online source, taking iodine is very good for breast health. I've taken iodine supplements for several years in hopes that my breast cancer would not come back. But a recent blood test showed my thyroid function was pretty low. Now I'm on a thyroid replacement supplement, taking Vitamin D3 on the side to assist my immune system. I'm hoping this will keep cancer and other serious illness away. But I've read both good and bad reviews on zinc supplements if you have a cold and wonder if it's worth it.

Iodine is indeed thought to be good for breast health, as well as for a lot of other things. However, it is very important to take it in conjunction with Selenium (specifically, selenomethionine and definitely not sodium selenite). Low thyroid is a common sign of a Selenium deficiency (and, thus, an Iodine-Selenium imbalance). Of course, I don't know the specifics of your situation, but you will want to take 200-400 mcg of Selenium per day (with vitamin E for absorption), You may want to stop taking the Iodine briefly (1-2 mo.) while you raise your Selenium levels because in case of this kind of imbalance the excess of Iodine can actually prevent the absorption of Selenium. (You definitely do not want to take too much Selenium. I think anything over 800mcg is very toxic.) Anyway, it should be pretty easy to track down the information online. It is most likely that adding Selenium to your regime will enable you to stop the thyroid replacement supplement.

As a complete aside, I highly recommend researching the use of DMSO in conjunction with chemo, just in case your cancer does come back or someone you care about is diagnosed with cancer. Look up Dr. Stanley Jacob. Take one teaspoon of DMSO per day in some orange juice. Start about a week before beginning chemo. Take it about 15 minutes before doing the actual chemo treatments. Continue for about a month (but, ideally, up to a year) after chemo. I got my boyfriend to do it. The horrible side-effects didn't happen. We shall see about whether the cancer comes back. It has been a year and a half, and so far it hasn't.

I agree with the notion that Iodine, ingested in moderate amounts, will benefit the immune system along with benefiting the digestive process. However, ingesting an excessive amount of Iodine will do more harm than good. As such, I believe that finding the right balance is important.