For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

2 Things I wish I knew when I was a child

Shanbiz

Most of us dream of a pill that we can take to turn back the hands of time. I have many things I wish I knew back in the 1990s when I was growing up. One thing I wish I knew was the Pareto 80/20 rule. I am not necessarily talking about know what it is called, I am talking knowing that if I do a little here and a little there, at the end of the day, I would've achieved much. The second thing I wish I knew was the value of exercise. I come from a family with mostly Endomorphs so we gain weight easily and it is difficult to loose it. I never grew up seeing anyone in my family exercise, not even going jogging. Those are two things I am struggling with now, I believe if I had developed those habits from my formative years (0-8) it would be much easier for me to do them as an adult now. 

• 2 months later...

One insight that would have changed part of my childhood, is not to rush while taking tests.  In 4th grade, I rushed through an Iowa Achievement Test.  To this day I wonder if I would have been in the A group instead of the B group.  Later in life when I entered 8th grade, I sometimes felt I wanted more challenges.  The second helpful hint that may have made life easier would have been to join more after-school activities.  Those 2 improvements would have been an enhancement to my already pretty good childhood.  I have no complaints.

For me, I wish I’d known just how much my mother and father made sure that I grew up in a stable environment by just being there. Parents are taken for granted when you are young and often only appreciated when they are no longer there.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish i knew that age is just a number. The earlier you start, get it right and be on your way to success, the better. Back then, i allowed my age to limit me in taking some actions that would have propelled me to a very high level of success.

Oh this is a great post. Two things I wish I would have known as a child:

1. Mental strength and resilience is just as,if not even more important, than physical strength.
I have had my ups and downs and bumps on the road, but what's kept me going and improving with time and age is the idea of getting up, shaking it off, and keep on keeping on.

2. Laughter heals all. 
Yeah, it's pretty cliche, but it's true. I had a disagreement with a loved one the other day, and their was definitely a lot of tensity in the air. Something funny happened, we ended up laughing for a solid 5 minutes and then forgave each other and went on with our life. It's important to not take things too seriously or too to heart.

One thing I wish I knew as a child is that sacrificing yourself for another isn't necessarily love. You need to do what makes you happy not do what makes others happy. Just because you were taught that if you love someone then you should be willing to sacrifice your wants for their happiness. That is wrong and I wish I knew that earlier.

The second is that the things that we are taught aren't necessarily the truth. You make your own reality.