For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Wedding Situation - What would you do?

legomom327

Hi everyone! :)

I'm needing some advice and would appreciate and insight! 

What would you personally do if your husband's sister asked your daughter to be the flower girl in her wedding? However she said that she would need to pay for the dress - which is $350, plus jewelry (another $75), and a professional hairstyle, which I assume would be about $40 at least.  

Unfortunately, we are doing good just to pay rent right now and there's no way we can afford the dress, plus the jewelry.

The dress that she had picked up for her is not a matching dress as the bridesmaids.  Do you think it would be rude if I asked if we could please get a cheaper dress? And that I could do her hair as well?

Thoughts? I really don't want to go into debt over this.  But I also don't want to come across as rude.  What would you do? 

• Confused 1

I would ask your sister-in-law if she would be open to any cheaper alternatives. It would not be rude if you asked her to get a cheaper dress and doing your daughter's hair does save you a few extra dollars. Does she have to wear jewelry? Do you have jewelry in the family that she may be able to borrow just for the wedding?

I don't know what your budget looks like, but if you are struggling to pay rent then I would suggest declining. I am already in debt and have been for a few years. It can be tough to get out once you get in and it all starts with a small dollar amount. It's not worth it. 

• 1 year later...

Why would your sister-in-law have you pay for everything when the polite thing to do would have been if she offered to. By the husband's sister telling you that she would pay for all of your daughter's expenses because she knows your having financial problems, would have been the most kindest thing to do.