For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you exercise daily?

ReliableFriend

I love to exercise daily.  Unfortunately I seldom do it. I'm thinking, does a simple walk in the garden an exercise already? I usually do this but I don't feel any energy after doing so. Maybe, a rigid walk in the neighborhood will do wonders or a stationary run in the house? Why I'm in the vicinity of my house always? Well, I'm a home-based working mom and quite shabby now, yay!

• 2 months later...

I don't exercise much although I should. This is because oftentimes I feel that I simply don't have the time. I prefer to walk, jog, instead of doing a full body workout at a gym. A few months ago, I was told by my doctor to walk at least half an hour every day. I started out doing that daily,  but it has been difficult to do so overtime. Hopefully in the future I will start walking frequently again.

The problem with doing daily exercise is that we find no joy in the activity.

It is the mindset we've adopted.

For example, few people would say that dancing is a chore, but few would call it exercise unless it's commercialized as such.

When we were kids, we ran around, we danced, we sang and we contorted ourselves, mostly, without prompting; and--get this-- it was fun.

Now, we don't seem to have time; besides, we put too much pressure on ourselves to be fit.

I only exercise once in a while since I don't take much junk food but then excising is just a matter of keeping one's body fit and healthy.Excising 30 minutes daily will be worth than never.

I try to exercise daily but usually it's closer to a few times a week. I have a dog and we go for several walks each day but it's not really a fast walk so I don't think I'm getting much exercise. When the weather warms up I do want to start swimming again. That is really good exercise.

Living actively as our ancestors did is a lofty goal for health. Going to the gym is tedious, but something I do periodically. It is easier to create a gym at home. If we can work activity we enjoy into daily living...such as walking briskly and lifting some heavy things to keep our functioning capabilities working...we will hold onto health. People in past times who lived to be in their 90s and beyond, did not go to gyms or have exercise rountines. They worked with their hands and feet and arms and legs and minds. Let's DO IT.

Time and again I've tried to keep up with a regular exercise schedule to no avail. Often I'll start for one or two weeks and then get distracted and forget about it. I seem to be overwhelmed by workouts and the whole program, yet I love what I feel when I exercise. I know an elderly lady who decided to go walking for over an hour in her neighborhood each day for over a time. The impact on her health and weight was so tremendous. It's a good thing to do daily walks out of your home.

I used to treat exercise as a chore, and I was incredibly lax in maintaining any sort of routine. Then I noticed I felt physically and emotionally better on days I did. My body didn't feel sluggish, I didn't feel grumpy. I had to change my perception of it and start treating it as a reward, as self-care. That makes it so much easier to get on my bike. On days when I don't even have time to hop on the stationary bike, I squeeze in situps and jumping jacks first thing. Not anything crazy, but enough to feel like I'm doing something just for me.

Last year I made the decision to be the best version of myself I can be. I have been overweight all my life, so this included losing a tonne of weight. I made the decision to do intermittent fasting combined with a low carb diet. I also decided to exercise five times a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I don't like gyms. The ones I've seen seem unhygienic so I did my research on YouTube.You would be surprised at the numbers of options for exercise they are in these streets. I currently do Billy Blanks Taebo and High- Intensity Training on the Body Rock channel.This seems to work for me. The pounds are just melting away!

On 18. 2. 2018 at 8:43 PM, voyasimpli said:

The problem with doing daily exercise is that we find no joy in the activity.

It is the mindset we've adopted.

For example, few people would say that dancing is a chore, but few would call it exercise unless it's commercialized as such.

When we were kids, we ran around, we danced, we sang and we contorted ourselves, mostly, without prompting; and--get this-- it was fun.

Now, we don't seem to have time; besides, we put too much pressure on ourselves to be fit.

That is actually true. Many people sort of want to exercise but once they begin they see that they do not enjoy it.

That is why I think that one of the most important things when it comes to exercising is finding the right ones for you. Just because going to the gym is popular nowadays it doesn't mean that everybody should.

I have personally found the exercises that involve my indoor bike to be the most fun. I ride it daily for at least 1 hour and what I tend to do is just turn the television on and watch a movie. It distracts me and I have noticed that I end up enjoying it way more.

2 minutes ago, Krato said:

That is actually true. Many people sort of want to exercise but once they begin they see that they do not enjoy it.

That is why I think that one of the most important things when it comes to exercising is finding the right ones for you. Just because going to the gym is popular nowadays it doesn't mean that everybody should.

I have personally found the exercises that involve my indoor bike to be the most fun. I ride it daily for at least 1 hour and what I tend to do is just turn the television on and watch a movie. It distracts me and I have noticed that I end up enjoying it way more.

Yes, I agree that the base of lifelong engagement in sport, as product of health and fun should be passion. I see to many people concerned about their weight. The only reason why that kind of people attend sport activities is to lose weight. You should never forget the fun and adventuorus factor, which is an true beauty of sport.

I  adore cycling, mountain hiking and tenis.

I normally exercise daily because I personally believe its crucial to do so for my own good since good health is my number one priority.It's not easy to do it daily but I just force my self to do so because I personally feel bad if I fail.Working out daily has made my health to tremendously improve in terms of my breathing and other health diseases that are associated with lack of doing exercises.I would, therefore, encourage anyone who is reading this post to start working out as part of their daily routine since it would boost their health in the long term.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in England and I have downloaded the app provided by the National Health Service called Couch to 5k. It takes you from being an absolute beginner at running, to running 5 kilometres. I am really enjoying doing it, and today I ran Week 5 Run 1. The plan takes about nine weeks in total, but most people take a little longer. I look forward to the day when I complete my 5k.

Personally I go through phases where I will either exercise every day or I won’t go to the gym for months at a time. When I do work out I prefer to mix cardio and weights so I can lose fat and gain muscle mass. 

I do NOT love to exercise but I have found some simple hacks to help myself feel a bit more active in my daily routine. These aren't going to get you looking like a model or anything but I feel like they keep me from feeling slovenly! Here are some things I do daily:

1. Every time I go to the bathroom, I do 10 squats. Even in the public bathrooms. It gives me a little boost of energy!

2. I do 15 push-up's every morning when I wake up and right before bed.

3. When doing tasks around the house (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.), I do leg raises or jog in place.

4. ALWAYS TAKE THE STAIRS

Just integrating small changes in my life has helped me feel a bit more active and actually help me feel like I WANT to be more active. This may not work for everyone, but it certainly works for me!

I don't exercise everyday, but I do exercise more days than not.  I really enjoy going for walks with a friend of mine.  We go around the block near my apartment five or six times.  It's a pleasure because we always see a lot of people walking their dogs.  We've even had the opportunity to get to know some of the other people in the neighborhood on our walks.