For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

GRAND JURY DUTY

Guest Mrstoots

Guest Mrstoots

I?ve recently had the great opportunity to be part of a 23 member Grand Jury for my local county.

To me it was a fulfilling experience.  I got to learn a lot about the law, met many new people and heard some interesting cases.  I also saw first hand how people can be mean to one another.

One of the most memorable moments of my service actually came the day I was chosen.  Another woman who had been selected sat in the juror room  in tears.  She spent the remainder of the day talking on her cell phone, sobbing to the person on the other end about her poor luck in having to fulfill her civil obligation.  To appease her the judge made her an alternate and she never had to actually sit on any of the cases.

Has anyone else ever had the chance to be a member of a Grand Jury?  How about a trial jury?  Did you like it or dislike it?  Did anything out of the ordinary happen during your Grand Jury experience?