For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Starbucks Hype

toogoodtobetrue8

• 4 weeks later...

Not a Starbucks fan. They push coffee flavored milkshakes made with scorched coffee beans. I am a coffee lover and appreciate a good dark french roast coffee, but Starbucks - not so much. I think they are much better at marketing than preparing coffee.

I think people like it because it's there.  They have a big enough variety of stuff that anybody can find something to drink and they are all over the place.  And it could also be because of they hype but I'm sure there is as much prestige with walking around with a Starbucks cup as there used to be.  Personally I'd rather make my own at home but it's good for when I'm out and want something to drink.

I do like Starbucks, but only for their teas. I think they are really over hyped and over priced. I don't think the coffee is that great, as I can get a better cup of coffee from the gas station for 1/4 of the price. Some of the drinks are good, such as the teas and frozen coffees, but all in all, I think Starbucks is far more popular than it should be.

Like Musicfan96 I think they are overhyped and overpriced, but also just too high calorie for me. Before taking on that addictive habit, I'd buy a goat.:P After milking, you are supposed to heat up the milk to pasteurize it. A skin forms on the top of hot milk that when added to coffee with a bit of sugar is good enough to forget Starbucks forever.

After working in retail, I've come to love Starbucks coffee as it's a staple for malls.  Their regular drip coffee does taste a bit burnt. However, I've found a nifty way to get around that.  I like to order the Blonde Roast (if they have it, ask first) and get it made as a "pour over".  This way you're getting one of the lightest roasts they offer that still has a rich, full body flavor made fresh! It may take a little longer but trust me, pour over only way to go for a classic coffee there.  Aside from that, the food and other drinks are a tad expensive but always worth it for me.  I like to treat myself every now and then to a latte or frappuccino. 

Yes and no.  Oftentimes, anyone can make coffee at home that tastes better and costs less.  However, I like their cold brew line and a few of their desserts.  My only complaint is that some stores are not kept up as well as others.

I think Starbucks is to overrated. Everyone seems to like it because it's a huge brand but it is not so good in my opinion. I went to Starbucks few times and I was not impressed by their coffes, they are good indeed but I can get coffes just as good in other places for less money (they have huge prices compared to other coffe shops). One day I had a funny experience at Starbucks when one of my friends ordered a coffe and he spelled the name wrong and the waitress began to make fun of him.:D

I have never bought into any trend because of popularity. I favour individuality over social acceptance. I prefer Starbucks coffee because it tastes better than most coffee shops I have used. I don't really like the taste of instant coffee. People give me a hard time about how they can pay 25 pence for a cup of coffee at work, where as I pay £3.40 for a Starbucks latte.

I say to these people that I am not a wine drinker, I think the taste of wine is terrible. I also think that all wine, whether it comes in a box or fancy $50 bottle, tastes almost identical to one another. People have different tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Starbucks! Even though it's probably over-roasted/burned beans and overpriced. Starbucks are like little oases on road trips, or in airports, or a new city. It's something comforting and familiar. Nothing is more refreshing to me than a Venti iced half caff quad espresso on a hot day. Sigh. I think I need to go tomorrow and get one. Although since it's snowing, I might get a hot one.