For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Losing weight and diets

RobinAnna

It is day three of my current diet and boy am I tired of salads!! I am however down about 4lbs so that makes it worth it. Is anyone trying to lose weight and have advice that would help? I have been drinking more water and less sweets. Also am trying intermediate fasting which restricts my time and calories I am allowed to eat. Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Losing weight is serious business. To lose weight, a lot of work is needed depending on the method you choose to apply.

I added some weight after the holiday and it made me look awful in the mirror. So now, I am on a diet of salads and vegetables. Last week, I added fat-burn exercises to my list of work. 
I hope to drop about 5lbs before I stopped working on this. I really want to get back to my normal shape.

Diets are not a good idea if they are not in paralel with sports. Diets for a sedentary person can seriously affect metabolism , that means you will loose weight but not in a healthy way and when you are going to stop the diet you`re going to find yourself weak and sleepy. After, everyone decides to start eating like before at one point or another, doing this will gain you more fat then before and this gose back to a diet and after 4  or 5 diets, your metabolism will be changed for good, your shape will be unwanted and your body will feel disoriented and weak.

In conclusion, don't do diets (only if is totally necesary)  , do sports and eat healthy food, you can eat whatever you want but never cross your limits, and, do sports !

I hear you with being tired of salads! I'm trying to lose weight myself after gaining a bunch over the last year. I've been successful in the past with eating smaller portions, cutting back on excess sugar, and eating a lot more veggies. I also think getting the right nutrition is key. I think our bodies hold onto weight when we don't get enough nutrients. So getting a bigger variety of fruits and vegetables and even juicing fresh vegetables a few times a week, can help. Also getting enough fiber is important. I also try not to deprive myself too much. If I need to have a little treat I will have a couple spoonfuls of ice cream or a bite of chocolate. Too much deprivation will lead to falling off the wagon. 

Dropping four pounds in three days is a good start but like most diets, it’s how you go from there. For me, the best way to lose weight is to make a lifestyle change so that eating healthily and exercising become part of your normal routine. Diets are OK in an emergency but 90% fail because people look into the future and see nothing but salad, treadmills and unremitting self-denial.

Hi RobinAnna,

I know exactly how you feel! Salads can get so boring and, as someone who is also trying to lost weight, I get pretty sick of them too. The best tip I can offer is to make sure that you create variety in your menu so that you don't get bored. In my experience, boredom leads to temptation. If you can create diet-friendly meals that you look forward to and that break the drudgery of your diet, you'll be more likely to stick to it. For example, try a variety of vegetable-based soups (which are delicious and low in calories), a frittata made with lots of fresh veggies, and tomato (not cream!) based curries. All of these are healthy choices that might add a bit more interest. Also, make sure you plan in a few small treats or you'll crave them even more and fall off the wagon. A few squares of dark chocolate every now and then won't damage your diet, will cheer you up, and even have proven health benefits.

Good luck with your weight loss!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello RobinAnna,

I will share my personal journey towards a healthier lifestyle. I have (almost effortlessly) lost weight. I am naturally slim, though when I gain weight a bit goes to my belly. For fast weight loss, glowing skin, and a reboot to start your journey, I wholeheartedly recommend doing a juice or smoothie cleanse. For 7 days, I only drank fruit and green smoothies and juices. I felt amazing, sometimes I would cheat and snack on a bit of bread if my body really was craving carbs, but for the most part it was all liquefied fruits and veggies. After watching the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead (you can find it on Netflix) I started to be more conscious of what I put into my body.

After my fast, I felt great, and definitely trimmer! Now, I maintain my weight by using my bike and walking around instead of driving. I use public transportation and go on long walks. From my house to the city center is 2 miles, and when I do it with a friend time not only goes by fast, but it can be bonding. Other than that, I eat whatever I want! Though, I can not stress this enough, BALANCE IS KEY. I eat pizza, ice cream, french fries, but NOT every day. On a usual day, I have two pieces of toast, some egg, and perhaps a chicken breast with broccoli. Foods like chicken breast and broccoli will fill you up fast and take away cravings for unhealthier alternatives.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it!

Here is my personal advice. Don't necessarily focus on loosing weight. Focus on why you want to lose weight. My reason was because I wanted the confidence to date and simply flirt with people I felt were better looking than me. As I said that was my personal motivation. The next advice is workout hard for and hour, I ran thirty minutes and the other thirty I watched workout videos and did the workouts with them. I lost 20 pounds in tow months, but I was dedicated and I simply enjoyed working out. I worked out hard and at the end of the two months I went and bought new clothes.

(P.S. Always tell yourself you can do it. Tell yourself it's possible. If a negative discouraging thought pops up reinforce it with an uplifting one. Say that you can do it, cry yell, and keep on doing it. Don't let anything stand in your way.)