For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to find housing on a fixed income with no credit check

bellastar

I am just trying to find Senior housing to find an apartment within my budget.There are so many requirements to this process.

The other part is having a months rent for the deposit plus an application fee.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas on this topic

bellastar 

It's all in where you want to live. My brother lives in Utah where one can hardly buy a house for less than a quarter of a million dollars.  He says he doesn't know where his kids will live when they become adults. I live in a small town in Arkansas where I just bought a 2100 sq ft house. I found it in the local newspaper for $29,000. I just called the woman up, offered her $5000 down. She said the payments would be $300/month without interest, so I took it. Looking online, they say that the town has a high crime rate. It's not true. The police department warns people that they really should start locking their doors to their houses. Up to now, they haven't been and these people are thoroughly enraged saying the place is going to hell. Groceries here in Arkansas have to be cheaper than anywhere else in the country. Last month chicken was on sale for thirty-nine cents a pound. Although this town is mostly white, from what I see, everyone is polite and social to everyone. It is really easy to get into public housing here. For some odd reason, they have an excess of extremely nice, brick public housing. You can fill out the section 8 housing application and go anywhere in the country. I invite you to come to Arkansas.

• 3 weeks later...

Finding a place to live on a fixed income is hard enough.  But combine that with no credit check and the odds diminish.  One solution is to ask friends or associates for a reference.  This may help the landlord, landlady or apartment manager decide.  Also, consider being a roommate.  Sometimes people in a pinch would welcome you without a credit check.