For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Teens Are Different From Babies

ijfamily

I find it very disturbing when I see parents at loggerheads with their teens over insignificant issues. At times, they raise so much dust that one cannot help but wonder if the two parties are not total strangers to each other. Let the truth be told; most of these unpleasant scenes arise due to parents' misunderstanding of their children's personalities. Parents need to know that teens are different from babies. They are individuals who though are too young to be adults, are equally too old to be taken or treated as babies. Teens, unlike babies are self-conscious beings who will go to any length in order to protect their image. They are highly sensitive to what you say to them and how you treat them. Not all teens are rebellious, as people sometimes believe. But every teen desires to be recognized and respected.

If you want to have peace with teens, stop treating them as babies.

• 1 month later...

The teenage years are very complex, with new emotions, new responsibilities, new limits, and even a new/changing body. There is a lot of frustration, confusion, and embarrassment that comes with these changes which causes some of the tension between teens and their parents. Thinking back to my teenage years, I would get so angry at my mom when she would try to give me advice about something I was embarrassed about. It's a phase of life though and the tension often dissipates as teenagers continue to grow and develop into adults.