For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Must-visit travel destinations

Migi

Ever since my first trip abroad, traveling became one of the best things about living. It's become my dream to visit as many places as possible before I die and learn about the cultural beauty of the world. As exhausting as the whole process can be, it brings a unique kind of joy to plan the trip and be a stranger for a while.

Which places would you suggest that one should see at least once?

Edited by Migi

Oh Migi!  There are so many places I would love to see.  Ireland and Scotland are on the top of the list.  Just to spend one night in an old castle would be a dream come true.  I would also like to visit Australia and New Zealand.  Have you been to any of these places yet?

• 1 month later...

@tonijon They are definitely on my list! Thanks to the movies, I think of magic and music every time I think of England and some other European countries. I feel like getting a wand of my own, visiting some classical concerts, and enjoying the historical atmosphere. That sounds like the ideal vacation for me! Australia and European countries are too expensive for me at the moment, but I hope to go there someday.

Are you planning to visit Asia someday?

• 11 months later...

I want to visit Hong Kong again. I was fascinated by the British influences in the street names, food, and general feel of the place. When I was there last summer, I could sense that it's been steadily losing its Britishness since the 1997 handover. I want to return and see how much it changed yet again, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It's always been a dream of mine to visit one of the pyramids in Egypt or Mexico. Just the thought of being in the presence of something so ancient and important is awe-inspiring. Another place I would absolutely love to visit is Stonehenge. It's one of the first "mysteries of the old world" that I learned about and it's always intrigued me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 6:52 AM, Nickel said:

I want to visit Hong Kong again. I was fascinated by the British influences in the street names, food, and general feel of the place. When I was there last summer, I could sense that it's been steadily losing its Britishness since the 1997 handover. I want to return and see how much it changed yet again, if at all.

I went to Hong Kong was around 7-8 years ago. I only remember tall and modern buildings like what I find in our capital. After visiting Singapore last year, I thought they are not much different.

I was young and inexperienced in trips abroad at the time, so I probably overlooked many details. I wonder if I visited the wrong side of the city and completely missed the real beauty!

• 8 months later...

I was in Quebec City last month. The old part of town is beautiful and walkable, and being around French speakers makes it easy to forget that you're just across the border from the US. Also, the food is tasty!