For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Are You Getting Ready for Christmas?

moonwind

September is nearing its end and it's nearly Christmas time again. It's what we call in the Philippines the "ber months". (the months ending in "ber" as in September, October, November and December). The afternoon and evening air is getting colder, and some people are starting their Christmas shopping already. Are you one of those people getting ready for Christmas this early?

:) Of course I am.  I'm an early shopper, I start on December 26th.  I pick up things all year long so that I'm ready early.  I buy a lot of things for the gift box. 

In November I take an annual Christmas shopping trip with 2 friends.  We shop from Thursday night to Sunday night.  We go out of NY and stay in hotels and literally shop until we drop.  This is when we get most of our gifts.

I like that- the 'ber' months ;)

Yes, I have been getting ready for Christmas all year.  I shop early and look for the sales.

Just the other day I got my Christmas tote out to see what I have already purchased and organized a little bit. 

It's hard to believe that it is almost Christmas time.

I shop a little throughout the year, but starting in October I really get going. My kids are November babies, so I have to take care of that shopping anyways. I DO NOT like to wait until the last minute for Christmas shopping!

I'm thinking that I might try making all of my gifts this year. My new job is a stipend position and doesn't pay too much.  I found this neat idea to make candle votive holders that uses pressed flowers and tissue paper.  I'm excited!

I started shopping early, and I had the best of intentions.  Sadly, the economy is Mr. Scrooge this year.  The whole family is broke, so we've pretty much agreed that we're not exchanging gifts this year.  My husband and I will get gifts for each other and our parents.  Our siblings will just buy for their own families, if they can even afford that.  There's too much coming up that we need, like taxes that are due in December and new laptop he's going to need for school.  We'll all have our gifts at home and then just get together for Christmas dinner.  Hopefully everything will look a whole lot brighter next year.

In our case, my wife has started some of the arrangements with her family, like the drawing of names for gifts. We haven't started any shopping yet.

This also reminds me of starting to watch the Christmas DVDs. We have a bunch of them and we have at least one new one this year - "Fred Claus."

Hold up! We haven't even gotten past Halloween or Thanksgiving yet and we are already thinking of Christmas shopping? Well, since most of you have already started shopping or are thinking of starting, I would like gift cards so I can buy stuff for my new house.  :)

I have to admit to being one of those freaky early shoppers. Not only did I start on December 26th, I would have been finished by the middle of June if not for finding myself in a new relationship. So having had everyone's stuff for several months already, I have just one gift for my boyfriend so far, and so have to think about that. Otherwise-well, I've started making my handmade Christmas cards already, and will soon start writing them from my card list so that there is no last minute panic.

Oh and P.S.

Having not been allowed to celebrate Christmas for the last five years, I'm a tad eager. I got my Christmas albums out last week and they've already had their first play. YAY!

Britlady, What type of handmade cards do you make? I can't believe you're so on top of things! I need to start getting things together for my family members, as I haven't bought or even thought about buying anything yet. 

It depends who I am making them for really, as they are all very personal and I only make handmade cards for the special people in my life. I made the 3D, I use die cuts, and I hand cut too. I don't sketch or put any of my own art work onto them though, its more speciality papers, ribbons and so on.