For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Checking on Neighbors

tonijon

My neighbor has had some health issues in the past and has always walked with a limp.  She fell last week and had no idea why, didn't know how long she was down or what day it was.  Sunday morning she called me and could not get her words out.  I took her to the ER to find out she had had a stroke and her heart enzymes were out of whack.  She is now in rehab for balance, speech and the vision in one eye is impaired.  My point to all this is: if you have neighbors living alone, please check on them occasionally.  We touch base in our neighborhood every day to see if we are all O.K.  You may save a life by checking on someone.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the reminder! Caring about the people around us is a given regardless of age. Last week I checked on my neighbor who had a high fever but somehow forgot to take the medications. It would be dangerous if she fell and collapsed somewhere.

I wish your neighbor a speedy recovery!

• 1 month later...

Tonijon, you make a great point. We should all make an effort to look out for the people in or around our lives. People are not meant to be alone. We need to have family, friends, and communities to check up on us. Sadly, many people have forgotten this. You did a great thing by looking out for your neighbor and I hope she gets better soon. We need more people like you in this world.