For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Spring is in the air.

tonijon

And so is the pollen.  Everything here is covered in a greenish yellow dust that has everyone sneezing and coughing.  My go to remedy for pollen is a tablespoon of local honey every morning.  It certainly does help.  During heavy pollen days I sometimes have to resort to an over the counter allergy pill.  How do you combat this problem in your area?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier today I helped hide plastic eggs in the park for the community Easter egg hunt.  The pollen was dreadful!  I've used various potions and pills over the years and so far Flonase nasal spray seems to work best.  I haven't tried honey as a preventative though.  I'll have to see if there's a local beekeeper selling honey when I go to the farmer's market again.  Do you remember about how many days it took before you noticed a difference? 

• 3 weeks later...

@tonijon  When I read the title of this topic, my first thought was, "And so is the pollen." Eating a spoonful of local honey has a lot of great benefits, including helping out with pollen allergies. It's definitely helped me in the past. I haven't been able to get my hands on any so far this year. I need to hit up the farmer's market. My go-to for now is Allegra. I love that it doesn't make me feel drowsy. 

• Like 1

Keep breathing to a bare minimum. :lol:

Pollen makes it's way down to the Phoenix area too, and 3 or 4 days over the past two weeks we have had winds in excess of 50mph from Tucson up to Flagstaff. Pretty much state wide. That doesn't help one bit. I saw someone at a bus stop with a breathing mask on, so that has to help.

But I do the Allegra. For me it works wonders and darned near instantaneously. I don't worry too much about that kind of medicine because that's all I really take. I'm a vitamin guy. 

Edited by G R
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ever see that image of pollen compared to the Death Star from Star Wars?  I think that says it all.  :)  I had sinus surgery about 5 years ago and now my allergies aren't too bad.  Used to be that when this time of year came around, it was almost guaranteed that I'd develop a sinus infection but not anymore.  Hallelujah!