For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Fall activities

annika3in1

What are people doing now that the temperatures are going down? I'd love to have time to bake warm foods and crochet or knit or do puzzles.  The cold makes me think of warm, homey activities.  Does anyone else have the same sort of connection between fall/winter and warm, hunkering down home sorts of things?

I always like to do more cooking and reading when the temperatures get cooler, but I live deep in the south and we are not even close to cooling off yet. I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures and cute sweaters.

I do a lot of crochet in the colder weather.  It's a great time to whip up afghans of all size as they keep you warm while you work on them.  I do some crochet in the warmer months but then I work with the fine crochet, like doilies and things like that.  Although this year, I haven't done any of that.  My eyes are old and need some bifocals before I can get back to the fine crochet lace again.

Fall to me isn't cold yet, that is winter.  I'm an outside person, so I love to go to craft festivals and apple picking in the fall.  Fall to me just means wearing a sweatshirt and jeans instead of shorts and a tank top.

I do have to admit that fall means the end to grilling out each night.  We cook more inside with the crockpot.  Nothing beats a hot bowl of chili on a cool night.

Today is going to be a high of 70°! I am so excited to feel some cooler temperatures.

Our family likes taking a day trip to the mountains during the fall. The leaves are beautiful and the air is always so crisp. I hope we can go within the next few weekends.

Being in GA it's not quite cold here yet but I love when it does get cold here! To me this time of year is for lots of baking, soups, family time, and special outings. The fair comes this time of year and we usually have family visiting as well so there is always lots of stuff going on.