For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Living on a budget

Guest enti342

Guest enti342

Living on a budget is not easy, but is very acheivable. I find that if you write it out, it is easier for you to stick to it. Make a budget (perhaps using an excel spreadshhet) detailing all the income and expenses. If you're expense is higher than your income, you need to make some changes. I find it easy to make a list of all things that I am purchasing, and decide if I really need it.

Does anybody else have tips on living on a budget?

Guest debtstinker

Hi! we have to live on a budget with a baby and I stay home to raise him. Coupons are the best thing that I've done to help us stick to a budget. Also, we're pretty fortunate here with grocery stores doing the 'buy one get one free' and they double coupons. One store even triples coupons. You may even consider a swapping program online for coupons. Not sure how much time ya have. I know that staying home allows me to do this a little easier. But even when I worked, Sundays were devoted to reading the paper, clipping those coupons, and going and finding the deals after searching the fliers.

I have a little experience in budgeting as i have moved recently from one full time job to another.

In the process of my move, my wages changed from weekly to monthly which caused some strain on my bank balance, fortunately i have not left home just yet which allows me to be able to cope with the change in jobs.

I understand that this isn't completely relating to the first topic although this topic made me think mainly about budgeting and my previous experiences.