For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Animal Lovers

Lorna Edwards

In life we all have our preferences on our likes and dislikes and as matured adults we need to respect each other.  Any one who has an animal should be mindful that everyone does not care for animals.  I am not an animal hater; I grew up with animals my entire childhood.  Nonetheless as I got older I realize how aggressive certain dogs can be so I no longer get near them.  As for Cats I have horrible Sinus and I am always sneezing or coughing while they are present.  Whether it's a neighbor or family members I find that people are quick to keep their animal present even after you have stated your concerns.  Yes it is their animal and their home/ sidewalk; however they should be a bit respectful to the person concerns.  People who love animals have them and people who would rather not be around them select not to be owners.  So animal lovers should not always be so defensive when folks just do not want to love on their animals.

Too many animals get turned into kill shelters or abandoned for various excuses, so it's better to not have one in the first place, if a person is not wanting the responsibility of taking care of one, which includes loving on him/her. 

Owning an animal is a lifetime commitment and it comes with responsibility -such as caring for the animal both physically and mentally, some breeds of dogs require more than many can afford or wish to put effort in on. Dogs are pack animals-they need to be with their "pack" and tossing them in the backyard, like lawn ornaments with no stimulation or love is abusive.

This topic surprised me! From the title I anticipated something BY an animal lover, not about being an animal lover that is considerate of people who are not animal lovers, haha. I consider myself an animal lover, and I also agree that not everyone needs to feel the same way that I do! And of course, all potential pet owners should seriously evaluate whether or not they can take good care of an animal before getting one!

My wife is a breeder of purebred English Golden Retrievers and has a four page application / questionnaire that potential buyers have to fill out before she will approve them for a puppy. This may sound controlling, but I cannot tell you how many non-dog enthusiast interested applicants she has declined to sell a puppy to because she knew that they or their family situation was not right for a dog. These are the people that don't get why some people are so enamored with their pets, do not think out the commitment in owning a dog, get puppies at Christmas time and then after 2-3 weeks of puppy care take them to the shelter. Which is not fair to the animal and could be avoided if a little though were put into the process. Has anyone ever known a family that got a Christmas puppy only to find out that after 2 days of cute wears off there is a lot of work and care involved?