For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Gender-Neutral Pronouns - What Is All "Ze" Hoopla?

Catwoman1111

I turned on YouTube last night and got to watch the latest schooling of Tucker Carlson by "The Liberal Sherpa."   The subject was Gender-Neutral pronouns and I had to admit I needed a bit of schooling myself.  The discussion surrounded the topic of "how do you use them in a sentence" for the most part and Tucker stuck to the most common: Yo, Ze , Ey, Em and Vis and their plurals Zie, Ver and Zir (I assume Yo is plural for Yo).

I also found out that the LGBTQ community has expanded to include A and I (and I don't think these letters stand for Artificial Intelligence, though the might, come to think of it).  I listened in fascination as the Sherpa almost breezed through the examples of how these pronouns would be used in a sentence to re place words like he, she, him her, them, themselves, himself and herself, even though Cathy the Sherpa and GNP expert seemed to stumble on a couple, mostly with the pronunciation.  Tucker stuck a few good jabs into the conversation, the comment about how we all with be forced to use these new words at gunpoint was especially witty, but the calm and cool Sherpa assured him that would never happen.  Times are changing and language is a part of that change and we should probably get used to the idea. Okay.

I for one found this particular news spot akin to an extended Bizarro animated comic strip.  I just don't see what all the hoopla needs to surround the use of  pronouns.  Why does one particular group (and statistics show this wasn't a big deal in the former LGBT community until the whole issue of "Non-Binary Gender appeared) all of a sudden NEED to be  Gender-Neutral?  If they do, why so many pronouns? Wouldn't four more do just fine, 2 Singular and  2 plural?

I certainly hope we don't go the way of Canada with it's recently passed  Bill C-16 which, in a nutshell obligates Canadian citizens to use these pronouns otherwise it constitutes Gender Identity  and Expression discrimination.  Failure to use the accepted pronouns can also be interpreted as "hate speech" and can be subject to criminal prosecution.  WOW!!

I for one say, cuff me and stuff me, if this sort of legislation ever trickles south of the Canadian Border and as Tucker remarked, we  are forced to use them at gunpoint.  The day the words 'He and She" become illegal hate speech and discriminatory, is the day it's time to say "buh-bye" to this planet and on to another.  I just hope IT isn't Gender-Neutral or I will be in REAL trouble. That's my bit of hoopla.

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We face today's gender dysphoria which bears no scientific backing. It's a baseless dianetics. We face this leftist progressive trend of challenge. Everyday--every hopeful day of our lives--which we rightfully own and work hard for and maintain-- we are greeted by a "girl-trapped in a boy's body" whinging.

The  harmful claim of some kind of disorder, GID, they term it, asserting that "gender is fluid" is not only wrong, it is damaging to our children and to established societies. We know, and they know, that biology proves XX and XY chromosomes are immutably determined at conception. And the only fluid I know describes the dismal dripping of crude castor oil under my car.

Father Chaucer would disapprove and demand pistol-duel with dignity against the 21st-century assassination of the English gender-assignment pronouns. The progressives’ romanticising with  Gendglish  gaffes  is irresistibly Homeric guffaw!

I enjoyed your post. I checked with Tucker. I had a good laugh. Thanks!

On 5/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, Avibiel Jeremiah said:

We face today's gender dysphoria which bears no scientific backing. It's a baseless dianetics. We face this leftist progressive trend of challenge. Everyday--every hopeful day of our lives--which we rightfully own and work hard for and maintain-- we are greeted by a "girl-trapped in a boy's body" whinging.

The  harmful claim of some kind of disorder, GID, they term it, asserting that "gender is fluid" is not only wrong, it is damaging to our children and to established societies. We know, and they know, that biology proves XX and XY chromosomes are immutably determined at conception. And the only fluid I know describes the dismal dripping of crude castor oil under my car.

Father Chaucer would disapprove and demand pistol-duel with dignity against the 21st-century assassination of the English gender-assignment pronouns. The progressives’ romanticising with  Gendglish  gaffes  is irresistibly Homeric guffaw!

I enjoyed your post. I checked with Tucker. I had a good laugh. Thanks!

Sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

What constitute male and female. XX and XY chromosomes can scientifically and immutably be determined at conception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vuR2LfrZs

Pronouns are one of the closed classes of words, so attempts to make changes or add words to this category seem impossible and ridiculous. It is almost unfathomable to refer to someone or something as something other than 'he,' 'she,' or 'it.' I agree that language evolves, so I do think change is possible. However, the new pronouns would need to be generally agreed on, and those who want to be referred to using the new pronouns would have to be patient and willing to educate people about their struggles.    

• Haha 1