For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What if Martin Luther King still lived?

Anne

I watched a documentary about this remarkable man last night, the 50th anniversary of his assassination. It was very moving, especially his last speech when he seemed to predict what was about to happen to him. I realized that he could still be with us. He was only 39 when he died and I know many healthy, happy 89-year-olds.

What could he have achieved had he lived longer? What would he have thought of the state of race relations today? Would he have met the amazing 11-year-old Naomi Wadler?  (I hope so). And would his legacy have been as strong if his early death had not been so shocking?

Edited by Anne

• Mal changed the title to What if Martin Luther King still lived?

Food for thought Anne.  I certainly hope he could have helped to put a end to the racism still prevalent in our country today.  He believed that all men are created equal and all have an equal opportunity to excel.  I feel that some of the black community still feel oppressed.  Had he lived, he might have been able to change that feeling among the blacks and work towards the equality he believed could exist.