For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Grand Debate: Cats or Dogs?

RainbowButterfly

I have to admit, I used to be more of a dog person. We kept both dogs and cats in my household growing up, and let's just say the dogs were more friendly and didn't run away. (Ha.) But a couple of years ago, I lived with a wonderful kitty named Joy for a few months, and I've found myself firmly in the “Cats” camp since then. 

Where do you stand? Are you in one camp or the other, or do you enjoy having both as pets?

Sorry cat aficionados, I am a confirmed dog lover. While I can appreciate the quiet company that a cat can bring in a home environment, you cannot take them for a walk. And for me that's the pleasure of having a dog. I have a 95 pound English Golden Retriever which motivates me to walk and exercise. At least I think I'm walking him, my neighbors tell me differently. Does anyone else secretly feel like they are being walked by their dogs rather than the reverse?

We have a cute little cat. He adopted us. I have to say I have only ever had cats, and never dogs, but this is not due to any dislike of dogs - it just turned out that way! I grew up in a family that had cats, and then got adopted by cats, or took on other people's cats if they could not look after them due to illness, or having to move house.

When I go running in the park I admire other people's dogs, but have never had a dog myself. I understand their appeal - it must be lovely taking them for walks, and being able to take them with you on days out, and even holidays. I don't expect to be adopting a dog any time soon - our house is a bit small, and I'm not sure what the cat would say.

I always grew up with dogs so I always liked them more. After I moved out I bought my first cat. It was such a great experience I ended up adopting a second six months later. They are both so affectionate and playful. After owning both I’ve ended in a place where I like both animals equally. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love both dogs and cats, but I am more of a cat person.  I have two cats, and they bring me so much joy.  Both of them are very affectionate and friendly, but they aren't too clingy.  

I would love to take my orange tabby for walks someday.  I recently bought him a harness and leash to begin training him how to walk on a leash.  He is a very curious cat, and I think he would really enjoy taking little walks down the hallways of our apartment building.  

I'm not even sure where to start on this topic because I've had cats and dogs at different periods of my life.  I've enjoyed cats because of their independence and low maintenance.  Dogs, on the other hand, are so much more affectionate but they can really take up a lot of time.  As I look back on the pets I've had, I'd have to say that I lean in the direction of cats.  Maybe I'm just a lazy pet owner.  

I grew up only owning dogs. We recently adopted a cat and named her Blinky. I enjoy my time with both my dogs and cat.

But if I were to choose between these pets, I prefer dogs over cats. Dogs are the most loyal creature there is. They also show a genuine kind of love that even humans can't show to other people. 

A dog welcoming you home is all you need to make your day complete. :)