For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Liquid laundry detergent vs PODS

Hammer2013

Everytime I go shopping for laundry detergent, I find myself in a battle, liquid or PODS?

PODS seem convenient, but I like the power to choose how much detergent is used. 

With liquid laundry detergent, I'm able to add a little extra detergent for super dirty loads, or a little less detergent for small simple loads.

If I'm washing my husband's muddy work clothes, how many PODS does it take? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, @Hammer2013 , thanks for posting! I feel like I'm in a choice battle with every aisle in the supermarket as we have a zillion product types nowadays, so I can relate!! haha!

Pods are super convenient, but I also understand that you want to control how much you use for particular types of loads.

For pods, if you have a regular load, it's just one pod, but if it's super heavy on the dirt side, two will be in order.

I think a good way to handle this dilemma is do what I've done in the past: buy both types and alternate.

Use the pod for a regular daily load and reserve the liquid detergent for those bigger loads.

Also, be sure and check the pod package to see if you can put a 2nd pod directly into the machine if the slot is full with the first one. In most cases, you can do this, but you might want to double-check!

• 3 weeks later...

Pods are certainly convenient. They are easy to store and there is no mess when you add them to the washing machine. There are so many different brands to choose from, and each one has their own scents and additional features making them 3-in-1 or even 4-in-1. However, it never seems like that tiny amount is going to wash a dirty load of clothes thoroughly! Personally, I keep both the pod and liquid types on hand for easy access whenever I feel that one would outperform the other. For clothes that are beyond dirty - like when my husband comes home from difficult construction projects - I have used two pods in the same load with excellent results.

As a little side note, if you are doing a large load of laundry in a top-load washer without a cup for detergent, and especially if it contains blankets and sheets, I have had problems with the pods not breaking down completely. They ended up getting stuck in the folds of the bedding and the load needed to be washed again.