For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

I will do it again anyway

lumenbee

I have been joining charitable organizations to their outreach programs because I believe it is one of my little ways to help improve the society. I post some photos of those outreach programs on social media with the purpose of inspiring others to do the same.  It worked! Many of my friends have been asking how they can also join. I also see others posting photos of their own outreach activities.  

However, there was one who saw the photos of our feeding program and asked me why we are doing it.  He said it is the responsibility of the government to feed the poor.  I was devastated with such mindset. I fully agree that the government should do something to alleviate poverty but I never thought of totally ignoring those who have nothing to eat and let them be the government's problem alone.

While we should not be putting the responsibility on our shoulders to feed every beggar along the streets, is once in a while feeding program really worth the criticism instead of inspiring more people?

I fully agree that the government should do something to alleviate poverty but I never thought of totally ignoring those who have nothing to eat and let them be the government's problem alone

@lumenbeeFirst off, thank you for your contributions to improving our world! Poverty and hunger are everyone's responsibility!

I love that you are using social media for such a positive purpose! I also think that every criticism is an opportunity for dialogue; so, even though it might be disheartening to read such opinions, don't let anyone rain on your parade! Perhaps use such moments to help educate someone who may not see the validity of the program.

You could, for example, acknowledge that you do, in fact, agree with the concept that every government should be doing its utmost to assist its citizens, but since that is not actually happening (!!), you and others are simply hoping to draw attention--via social media connecting and posting--to important social and charitable issues by promoting the organizations that are currently working to support citizens in need.

Thank you for doing your part as such a creative use of social media is truly inspiring: you've already inspired others to spread the word!

Stay positive and stay focused. Don't let anyone deter you from the good work you are doing! Just think of any challenging comment as a new opportunity to talk even more about charitable outreach programs. And again, thank you so much for your efforts!

Keep up the very good work of "feeding the hungry and sheltering the homeless"  with the benevolent group you and your friends have poured your heart and soul into. It's a difficult job. It's emotionally draining, at the same time rewarding-- seeing individuals' faces light up with smile in hope. The hope that there will be sunrise for them to see the next day.

Often, the good deed of love and compassion done for the needy who feel hopeless makes a tremendous difference in ways we cannot comprehend.

We need more people like you. 🙂

• 3 months later...

First, let me say that I am all for helping those in need. Having said that, let me play devils advocate for a minute. What is the reason the person is in need? I have known many people who have legitimately been in need and I have found myself in need as well. I have also know many people who refused to work and feed their children. Men who will go from woman to woman just to have a plate of food and a bed to lay in, but at the expense of that woman and her children. I have had family members that would spend every cent on drugs and then give someone a pitiful story so they could get their children fed. I have helped whole families with rides to work, a place to stay and food to eat and they still stole from me and took advantage of me. I worked in a ministry that fed the homeless after going into the neighboring city to pick them up, have service for them and provide fresh clothes and toiletries for them and they would have relations in the van and bathroom of the church. I gave out the clothes and made it a point to be kind and generous while making conversation. Some of these people, mostly families, were truly in a bad situation and some had mental problems that had them in that situation. The majority, however, actually chose that as a way of life and told me how they preferred it. I don't know about you, but I think it is stupid to chose drugs over food and expect someone else to feed your family or chose to live on the streets and expect someone else to hand you a blanket for warmth. I do not believe its the governments complete place to take care of the needs of the people. They, of course, should take care of the people in natural disasters and such and there are programs to help low income and needy people in times of emergency. When did neighbor quit helping neighbor and men quit working to care for their families? Even knowing what I know and having been the victim of those who took advantage "I WOULD STILL DO IT AGAIN." I think we need to get back to a community way of helping. Neighbor helping Neighbor and working for your supper. Remember in the old movies when the little old lady would answer the door and there would be a man offering to chop fire wood or rack leaves for a sandwich or a lady offering to do the wash or sewing for a plate for her kid? I know thats all a little old fashion, but most people could use some kind of help around the house while serving up a sandwich or plate of leftovers. While this idea is probably foolish with the way society has become and trust is not something we can lightly give to others, but we do need to get back to a place where we help each other more on a daily bases and not just when we need a hand out!