For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do we have any other babysitting grandparents here?

Silva

I am exhausted! I am 62 and my husband is 69 and we lead a sedentary life of leisure. We arose early(for us)and, at 8:15 am, skipping breakfast, my husband took me about a mile down to the village to our daughter's house where I had agreed to look after her 3 year old daughter, her 1 year old daughter and their 14 month old rottweiler. My husband abandoned me to my fate and returned home to paint the bedroom.

I love these babies to bits but I'm not a dog person and Storm is really huge and slobbery! He is a very good natured dog who loves to play but being so big is very likely to knock over anything in his path. I tried my best to ignore him as I fed the girls, washed and dressed them and changed the little one a few times. I crawled on the floor, built towers, rescued books and precious DVDs from sticky fingers, drew pictures and read stories. I also took the older girl to nursery after lunch and picked her up again before tea. I patted the dog a few times and picked up the littlest girl when his great wagging tail knocked her over.

I was so pleased when my daughter came home at 5pm, but I'm a glutton for punishment and have agreed to do it again on Thursday and two days next week! Are there any more brave elderly souls out there who babysit?

I'm the mother, not the grand parent, but my parents do occassionally babysit for me. They are around the same age as you and your husband, but I don't ask them to do daytime sitting for me. Its only been evenings, after bedtime when she's sleeping anyway and its really no problem for them as they don't so much as hear a peep from her.

I do leave them to it occassionally when my mother wants to take her to the park or the cinema, as it gives me a chance to work or do the shopping I need to. But if I need a proper heavy duty sitter, then my sister does it. She's better placed to keep up ;)

I am a new grandmother. I am 45, so do have a bit more energy.  I run a daycare all week long and am use to taking care of babies all day.  Last weekend I volunteered to take my grandson so mom and dad could have some relaxing time.  I had him from 10am-4:30pm.  I was beat Saturday night.  Then Sunday my son asked me to watch him again so they could watch the Steelers Game without baby interference.  Once Monday came around, I was totally exhausted! 

It is wonderful that you were able to help your daughter out. Watching 2 children and a dog takes alot of energy.  Your daughter is very lucky to have you there to help her.

In the countries of the eastern hemisphere, as in India and China, you will find babysitting grandparents even now although society in this region has been undergoing great changes thanks to late industrialization.

When I have my first child I have faced great difficulty as both my wife and myself have to leave home for outside job. I remember my father-in-law, that is, my son's grandfather, has offered to take  the charge of the child quite happily. My mother-in-law has also played the highly-needed role for some time. Yes, happily. They have done so as they have managed to get spared from their own family.

Children spend early life with the grandma and grandpa with the best of their satisfaction. I should tell that the environment has been rapidly changing in India, especially in the urban India.

I am a mother of two boys and both my husband and I work full time. My mother and my in-laws take care of my kids. They love keeping my kids, but I know they wear them out...they wear me out!!!

When I was interning, one of my co-workers always told me how bad his grandchildren were and how it reminded him of how his kids would drive him nuts. So, whenever he babysits them, he gives them as much candy and sweets as he can without making them sick so they'll be "ready to play" when it's time to go home to their parents.  :D

When I was interning, one of my co-workers always told me how bad his grandchildren were and how it reminded him of how his kids would drive him nuts. So, whenever he babysits them, he gives them as much candy and sweets as he can without making them sick so they'll be "ready to play" when it's time to go home to their parents.  :D

That grandpa is not happy with the grandchildren is something still exceptional in the rural India. It is here said that grandchildren are the interest yielded from the principal which is son or daughter. Of course, days are changing. Attitude of the grandpas and grandmas are also changing. To speak the truth, in the urban India it is already present.

I'm not a grandparent but my wife and I plan on watching our grandkids when we finally get some.  How else are we supposed to spoil them and then send them back home with their parents?  :D