For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The economy and jobs

knchatty

So far I've been one of the lucky ones that still has my job.  There are days when I sit at work and think, I'd rather be home or doing something else.  Don't get me wrong I love my job most days.

News going around at my company is that they are trying to sell.  I've been through this 1 time here already.  We made it through that change of ownership.  I don't think we'll be so lucky if they sell again.

It's a tough economy right now.  Unemployment rates are rising and government keeps passing extensions to people that are without jobs.

How has the economy affected you personally?  I hope in another week, month, year I can still say that I'm one of the lucky ones with my job still.  :)

I think we've been pretty lucky here.  My husband's job is secure, and I've got a lot of jobs online that cover the rent and a lot of other bills.  Our problem is a mountain of debt from the days prior to his secure job and my work online.  If we could have had our income from this year, without the bills we made in previous years, we'd be in good shape.  I guess the lesson we've learned along the way is credit cards suck.  We actually had one card lower our limit to below what we owe and begin charging us an over-limit fee after that.  But, it's the mistakes you make along the way that make you really appreciate it when that good job finally happens, or when online work comes your way.  We're happy to be able to pay the bills, even though there's no "extra money" at this point.

I kept my job for an extra 6 months because the economy was bad and I didn't want to lose that security.  I eventually found though, that it wasn't worth staying because the work environment became very hostile and unprofessional. 

I resigned from my position with no job and no job on the horizon.  For about 2 weeks I sent out numerous applications to different jobs.  In the end, I actually had no lag time between my old job and my new job.  I also had 5 other offers with different types of jobs. 

Now, I'm working a whole bunch of part-time stuff, strung together.  Employers have less to pay, so I make less, which means I work more.  That is probably the most concrete effect that the economy has had on my so far.

A sound economy does not always ensure employment potentiality. Economists suggest that there should be a tolerable rate of unemployment. Thus there will never be dearth of jobless people in any region.

Again, the higher consultants of big concerns have hardly lost their jobs. People of the lower runs have experienced what is jobless life thanks to the economic slowdown.

I am not directly involved in the whirlpool as I have been a freelancer for some time. Still the steam has greatly touched me.

On Sunday, October 4, I celebrate 10 years with my current company.  During this crazy economic mess, our CEO has been very fiscally conservative to ensure people keep their jobs.  It's been very nice to have peace of mind while working here. 

I am happy to hear that most aren't being affected by the slow economy.  It's great that some are finding work online.  I wish I could say that I will be at my job for 10 years. 

Morale is down at my workplace, there is a lot of talk and rumors each day.

I think the "management team" went about this the wrong way.  They should have had meetings behind closed doors or outside of the company.  This way people wouldn't be worried and making assumptions.

I'm counting the days to my next paycheck.

I hope that we all continue to be happy and keep our jobs!

For the record, you are right!  Credit cards stink!

One good aspect of our time which has been facing tremendous crisis in the job market is that this challenge will open new horizons in near or far future. It is the right time to develop us in a manner that we will be asked by the leaders in the economic operations to render services and that we shall find out greater dignity for us. It is the time to learn something very sincerely so that performances will never be questioned. Persons with aptitude will have a chair always.

My husbands place of employment has gone into bankruptcy many times.  Each time he is in fear that he will loose his job, but so far we have been very lucky. 

I run a home daycare and feel that my job is pretty secure.  As long as people are having babies there is hope for my job security.

Secure?  I wish I knew what that means.  I seriously don't think there is much job security anymore these days.  You are right though, kids equal daycare.  I could never work in daycare, I love kids but not everyday!  ;)

Talks have died down at work a bit and things are getting back to "normal".  I still am looking to move on.

Wish me luck  :)

Glad to hear that things have calmed down at work! I hope that they stay that way.  :)  Are you looking for the same sort of job, or a change in career, as well?

I really love what I do, I'm an accountant.  I love the challenges and the various duties that come with my job.  There is usually never a dull moment.  I think I'll stay in the same field.  I recently read an online poll about the college degrees/jobs that are most in demand.  Accounting/finance was #1 and Mechanical Engineering was #2.  I'm not any kind of engineer.  ;)