For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Addicted to online shopping!

Migi

I can buy imported products easier than before. I can buy new clothes for cheap prices. I can even ask someone to buy the groceries and have them delivered to my front door. Some services even offer free shipping! Online shopping has made my life easier in many things, although that means money flows out faster too. Are you also an addict?

Edited by Migi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Amazon Prime, Google Express, and Costco I rarely venture inside a physical store.  I even buy my groceries and pet food online.  I know I'm spending more because I can get anything I want at the click of a button, but I rationalize it by reminding myself that I'm saving money on gas.

Edited by SableC.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, SableC. said:

I know I'm spending more because I can get anything I want at the click of a button, but I rationalize it by reminding myself that I'm saving money on gas.

That's what I thought too although I have never done an exact calculation of the expenses to prove that theory. My father usually complains by saying that I can walk to the stores to save the transportation fees and get healthy at the same time. Sometimes I do that when I have some time to kill, but that rarely happens now thanks to the long hours at work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Online shopping has made my life a lot easier, too.  I can now order from Chewy.com and get all of my cat food, litter, and toys delivered.  They even sell the arthritis supplement my cats use.  

Even though my kitties don't need it anymore, I was thrilled when Chewy.com added prescription diets to their website for purchase as well.  

Before, I had to go out on the bus and cart all of the heavy cans of cat food and litter back home.  It was quite cumbersome and time-consuming.  I love that I can now add whatever we need for the month to my online cart, pay for it, and get it delivered.  They even have free shipping when you spend $49 or more, which makes a huge difference. :) 

• 9 months later...

Is there anything that you don't like shopping for online? For me, it's makeup. It's fun researching different brands and reviews, but I want to see eyeshadow and lipstick shades with my own eyes and compare them on the spot.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to not order clothes online unless I already know the brand and size I wear. I know you can always send things back, but I hate going through the hassle of doing that. I prefer just going to the store, trying on clothes and buying what I like. 

I love online shopping. It takes everything I dislike about actual shopping out of the equation. Namely, the sales associates who circle around you like vultures to inquire if there is anything they can help you with. Yes, you can help me by going away and letting me shop in peace. I avoid going in stores if I see the employees hanging around not doing anything. They're the most likely to rush over to you to try and "help".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:25 PM, Nickel said:

Is there anything that you don't like shopping for online? For me, it's makeup. It's fun researching different brands and reviews, but I want to see eyeshadow and lipstick shades with my own eyes and compare them on the spot.

No!  While, I find it hard to buy food, candy, and Coke online because their prices are often exorbitant,  I would do all my shopping online if I could.  When it comes to makeup I take advantage of the loyalty programs at Sephora and Ulta and I often find better discounts and sample options online.  When I crave something new, I just sign up for a subscription box or two like Causebox, Birchbox, Luxor Box, or Allure Beauty Box.  Each subscription box has lots of goodies to discover and fall in love with. 

Do you guys know where I can find decent prices on junk food online?  Amazon Pantry, Jet, and Boxed are all big a let-down when it comes to food shopping.  At least when it comes to what I can find and what I'm used to paying in stores.  I don't want to use a service like Instacart.  It's bad enough that I'm polluting the world with my online shopping and shipping, no need to add the labor violations and mistreatment of contract personal shoppers on top of that.