For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you prefer watching TV?

Lost93

If I'm wondering, the TV may not exist anymore. I just do not think there's a good quality program. We all use the Internet today and get information through it. We determine what we want to watch, learn, listen, while on television we watch what we have to watch, we have no choice. 

I have no TV for more than 5 years. When it broke down, I carried it from service to service and did not help it. After a while, I forgot about him and was no longer needed in the apartment. I simply walked away from the TV, and I'm happy about it. Too much waste of time.

What is your opinion? Do you prefer watching TV?

• 3 weeks later...

I most definitely prefer watching TV over sitting in front of the computer watching videos. Everyone has their own personal choice when it comes to the genres and particular shows which excite them, and although they can be found online 9 times out of 10, there is just something so relaxing in curling up on the couch to watch a beloved movie or new episode of your favorite drama. With that being said, I tend to watch live TV very rarely. Generally speaking, I will PVR anything I have an interest in watching so that I can view it at my leisure and fast-forward through the commercials.

I do love watching TV just because I'm engaged to it since then. I really enjoy watching TV movies or sequels because it is a sort of entertainment for me. I do love comedy films that presents in TV of course. Also noon time shows are good for relaxing, and it's the only way for me to relax and to feel comfort especially when I'm alone. I'm just turning on the TV for me to be entertained and yes, I'm entertained by them. TV is not bad at all when you use it properly and the distance from your TV from you is a must to keep off in the radiation. I prefer watching TV shows for my entertainment and past time, hobbies. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to watch TV shows. In most cases I prefer them over the movies, because, when I choose good TV show I check that it already has at least 2 seasons  and then I know that I have quite some "material" to look at. Now with modern TV signals I can look also for 2 weeks back and if I miss something I can check it back, which makes everything even easier. 

I like to watch tv sometimes but nowadays I prefer to download and watch movies on my BluRay player using my USB stick. Any tv shows that I miss seeing I just watch online. I think that in the future all shows will be streamed from the internet and cable tv will be a distant memory.

I prefer watching videos on youtube or other streaming sites.

Watching TV is actually a waste of time. To watch a  2.5hr movie we need to sit 4hr in front of it watching commercial advertisements , better we use internet to stream movies online or download it.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer streaming services, like Hulu. The downside to watching tv is the appalling amount of commercials. There can easily be 12 commercials in one sitting. 

• 3 weeks later...

At this point in history, TV has become a vehicle for more than just the programs that are available from the TV itself. Through the use of streaming devices, you can watch everything from YouTube to Netflix, just as you can on any other device.

Watching TV can be very entertaining, relaxing and fun to do, however, I can also think of many times I have regretted watching TV in lieu of doing something else.

Many times I have looked at my watch after watching a session of TV and come to realize that I would have been so much better off doing something else. Learning something, practicing a craft, spending time with a friend or family member or participating in a hobby. 

I remember many years ago we had a neighbor and every time we drove by his house he was sitting on the couch watching TV. His posture was indicative of someone who was tired, bored and who was just wasting time. As I reflected back on that I tried to use it as a learning experience and believe it has helped me understand that time can be so much better spent rather than in front of the "boob tube" as we used to call it.

• 3 months later...

I also prefer streaming services over regular TV, especially YouTube. Personally, it's much more convenient to catch brief videos than to watch half-hour or longer TV shows. I can easily find high-quality streaming content on just about every subject out there, including new and very old TV episodes, and view on the spot.

However, I do like TV for live local news, and I appreciate the look of large flat screens.