For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Don't go to college.

JFEdwards

Four year universities are a waste of time. One or two year trade schools are superior, because they can be completed sooner and for far less money. Craftsmanship is in high demand these days, so a vocational school graduate could easily find a high paying job. Graduating from a traditional college can leave someone saddled with tens of thousands of dollars in debt and job skills for a saturated market. Plus, it's fun to work with your hands for a living.

I totally agree with the debt part, I wish in high school they told us about debt because I had no idea that you to pay it back 

Also it good to learn a trade or skill so you can start your own business

The idea of not having a college education seems to be a practical one, especially these days when the demand for vocational/technical jobs are on the rise. I used to have a student who have decided to shift from being a hospital nurse to a welder in a construction company in Canada. And his reason: a big disparity in terms of salaries. A welder can fetch up to 40 -50% more. in terms of pay, than a regular, registered, college graduate nurse. Not that we are discouraging people to take undergraduate four to five year courses in college, but the trend in many of the workplaces worldwide seems to be changing in favor of the technical, blue-collared workers.  

As a college graduate, I believe college can be over-rated.  However, college is a great learning experience for most young people.  However, I believe attending college can be a waste of money.  In my experience, a majority of required courses is a waste of time and money.  From my academic experience, I have not retained a large portion of classes that I was forced to attend.  Unless you are seeking a career in the medical or legal fields, I believe that diploma or associate degree is sufficient.  If one does seek a college degree, I strongly recommend specializing in a field of study (i.e. accounting, computers).  Do your homework and research annual income.  Don't attend college for business   The field is to broad and the job search becomes difficult.

In my country, going to college is a vital thing if you want to find a decent job in the future. Without going to college, your chance in getting a job that doesn't pay the minimum wage, or less, is too little. Although I'm not saying that going to college will guarantee you that you will find the exact job you've been preparing for all those years, because that's another problem in our country. The issue of enderemployment. 

But then the decision of going to college must come from you completely, because you should be the one to decide on your future, not anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to college and I graduated as bachelor of economics science. 

If I think back and check what I have learn there I can find only very few thing. However this was ticket to quite good job, which I still have. 

I would say that college is ticket to some jobs, however this doesn't mean at all that you can not earn good money even if you don't attend the college. At the end, it all comes to your abilities and skills. 

• 2 years later...

Current studies show that college graduates in the USA earn more than non-college graduates in every state. However, I don’t think the statistics tell us the whole story. In the US, many employers require a college degree even when it is not really needed and then underpay.

Recently I read about the way Germany handles their education. When a student graduates from high school they have the equivalent of either an associate degree or trade school training. Most jobs/careers in Germany do not require a college degree. College is free in Germany, but attendance is lower than in the US.