For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

environment and local products

annika3in1

With my new job, we're doing a significant amount of work looking at environmental issues.  With the earthquake just happening near American Samoa, I wonder, what effect, do you think (or do you not think) global warming is having? I know that the President wants to have a bill to take with him when he goes to Copenhagen in December. 

One of the ways that I've tried to reduce my carbon footprint (and eat healthier!) is to purchase local food as often as possible. I joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) and have been getting fresh produce every Friday since May.  I'll keep getting stuff through Thanksgiving!  ;D ;D

Has anyone here tried to do something to counteract global warming? 

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a company that deals with Environmental issues too.  The company manufactures silver recovery equipment.  What is this?  Do you know all the film processing machines you see in Wal-Marts and other stores?  Where film is developed into pictures.  Those machines used to dump the silver from the film into the drains and pollute the area, water, air, etc.  The company I work for sells equipment that stops this.  The machine gathers this silver and keeps it from going into the drains.

Personally I plant a garden each year.  I also buy from the local farmers markets.  I love to buy local products.

I think if we all helped just a little bit, the world would be a safer, better place.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree.  It doesn't take much to help. There are little things to do, like use CFL bulbs, or like you said KN, plant a garden.

Have you ever purchased local meat? That's what I want to try next, so that I know what my animals are eating.

What do you like to plant? I'm hoping to try next year, even though I just have a patio outside. :P