For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Are books better than movies?

Patrascu Bogdan

Hello everyone, I want to discuss with you why I think that books are better than movies.

Most of the time books are better than movies. Books can let you imagine the setting or events happening in the story and you will find more details in a book, movies sometimes could leave you out of some important details.

In some movies, they switch up the characters because in the book they are different and totally the opposite. A book will always provide more background information than a movie. 

I would like to start this discussion with every reader of this article. What do you think? Are books better than movies?

Books are better than movies. 

Reading has a significant number of benifits. ( 2 of them are )

Stress reduction

No matter how much stress you have at work, in your personal relationships, or countless other issues faced in daily life, it all just slips away when you start reading books.

knowledge

You can acquire more knowledge by reading books. The more knowledge you have the better equipped you are to face any challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

Some can be. However, some movies may be nothing like the books. My thinking on this is some books can be extremely long, and movies have to be condensed to fit two or three hours. So some movies may not accurately reflect what's in the book due to time constraints. 

• 1 month later...

From what i feel books are better option. I used to think  that movies are better since i have never read a good book .  One day i decided to read a book about my favorite movie and h it gave me a totally different and more detail perspective than the actual movie  . I also noticed that it helped me with my anxiety  .  

• 3 months later...

I do not think one is better than the other. They are separate mediums, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. There are certain feelings and experiences that a movie can provide that a book simply can't and vice versa. For example, I can watch a movie with an entire theater full of people, and the communal feeling of laughing at the same jokes, jumping at the same scares, and crying during the same tragedies is something that isn't really provided when you're reading a book. Sure, you could read the same book in a room full of people reading that book, but everyone will be doing so at a different pace, and it wouldn't feel the same, because the private, personal nature of reading. I just don't think you can compare the two mediums with such a sweeping generalization as one is better than the other. 

• 1 month later...

I think books are better than movies because a movie has a limited time and also a limited budget, so that the story is like compressed and some of the story might be left out,  whilst with a book you can read and know all the story.

Literature is the foundation of our society. Where would the world be without the written word? Try as they might, movies simply fail to grasp the true meaning of a work. Consider Stephen King's The Shining.  In novel form, the reader watches in horror as a relatable character gives into the insanity we all fear lies deep inside of us, whilst the movie grants us nothing but a cheap horror story. After recommending the book to fans of the movie, I inevitably am told that the book is better. 

Of course, this holds true to every other book in existence. Even when movies do a pretty good job of trying to capture the original work, it's simply impossible to perfectly recreate the atmosphere of any given scene. Plus, a reader's imagination makes a book personal; when you watch a movie, you're experiencing it the same way anyone else will. As an aspiring novelist, I wish books received more credit for the hard work and passion poured into each precious word.