For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Quit smoking right now !

Patrascu Bogdan

Smoking is less socially acceptable these days. Most workplaces prohibit smoking. But you should quit smoking right now ! Why? Because the cigarettes that you inhale, that you smoke cause respiratory problems, increased risk of lung cancer, accelerates the aging process, causes low fertility, etc. 

We should quit smoking together, you, the person reading this. I smoke  too but I am not going to smoke anymore, after I finish this cigarette of course. We can do it together ! 

Yes, smoking is harmful to our health. It causes many diseases such as tuberculosis, lung diseases, hepatitis, lung cancer, influenza, addiction. 

People think that smoking is cool, it just looks cool but it isn't. They smoke to be cool but it makes them dumb idiot. Because, they try to  screw their own health.

We must quit smoking and be disconnected from people who smoke.

• 2 months later...

I laugh! I laugh! I laugh! I don't and I hope the rest of the mature people in the world do not smoke because they are trying to be or look cool. I am a smoker and I started smoking as a child in a home that most adults there and around me were smokers. I have spent so much money on cigarettes and products to help me quit smoking. My children have begged me to quit smoking and I have to air my house out, wash down the walls and clean everything in my home for my grandkids to come visit. Since they come at least a couple times a week this is tiresome, but I respect how my children feel about second hand smoke and since there is more education on the effects of second hand smoke these days I don't mind. I have been addicted to some hard core drugs and have managed to break free of that addiction, but smoking I can't break free of. When I'm around people in public or visiting at a friend's house I try not to smoke, but sooner or later I can't hold back any longer and I break down and have one. If I'm in a group of people who are mostly non-smokers I try to walk away from the crowd so I don't bother anyone and I feel less than impressed with the fact that I have to have one. I feel like an outsider and being cool is the last thing on my mind. Anyone have any real ways to kick the habit? 

I never understood why anybody would want to smoke. I honestly don't think it looks "cool" by any means. You aren't only hurting yourself but you're also hurting the people around you. The smell of smoke is nasty. Your clothes, vehicle, and house smell of smoke no matter what you do. My opinion is, just don't smoke. It's not cool and so unattractive.

I grew up in a household where everybody smoked. I was so embarrassed when I would go somewhere and somebody would say that I smelled like smoke. It's not okay.  

There are times that I enjoy a cigarette and I think to myself that I like smoking and I'm not going to stop, but most of the time I hate it and myself for letting myself be held hostage by this white paper stick that has dried up weeds, bugs and chemicals rolled up in it. It does make my clothes, vehicle, house, hair, purse, and even my clean clothes hanging in my closet stink and smell of smoke. I did quit, once, for six years. Then I went through a divorce and fell back into old habits and it has now been almost eight years of smoking again. This is something that I am not proud of and I realize that it is a poor example for my two young grandson's, but this has bee the most addicted I have ever been. I smoke two packs a day and very little detours me from having a smoke whenever I want one. My doctor has told me that smoking is more addictive than heroin. It is a body, mind, and hand addiction. If I'm not craving it, then the habit gets me or just the desire to hold one between my fingers. I know that all sounds trivial and easy to get around, but an addicted person can hardly deny these "addictive" triggers. Then there are as many emotional triggers as there are scenarios to present that entices me to have another one. If I have any cigarettes at all when I do manage to wrap my brain around the idea of quitting then I have to smoke them all up because I have already spent the money on them. Cigarettes are not cheap and there is no way to recoup the money. So, I make myself believe that after I smoke those up then they will ne my last. It never happens that way. I always find a reason to buy another pack. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have always thought that smoking was a very bad and nasty habit. I have many people in my family that smoke. You can smell the smoke on them. In their hair and on their clothes. I try to talk them into quitting, but most say it is not an easy habit to break. I just hope and pray that they will quit so that it won't make them sick in the long run.